• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will The ID4 MKII Drive The SM7B ?

Hello ladies and gentlemen
i need your advice
i'm about to purchase SM7B for streaming/podcasts
and i have 2 options for the interface Audient ID4 MKII Or Audient Evo 4 + Dynamite preamp
if you are in my position which setup would you go with
i saw some reviews says the ID4 MKII can run the sm7b without a problem but i will use it for live streaming/chat/ etc not just recording and most of them boosted the audio in post so i'm not sure
also the headphone amps in the ID4 MKII is better than the evo so if i got the evo i will lose the good headphone amps to get good mic preamps and if i go with id4 i'm not sure if it will handle the sm7b or not i'm confused i know you never get everything specially in this price range
i'm just trying to get best value for money since i can't stretch my budget any further
but if i had to choose one then i will go with the guaranteed gain which in this case evo4 and dynamite
thank you in advance

Top Bottom