• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will Smith assaults Chris Rock LIVE at the Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonamemouse

It was staged, and both Will and Jada Smith and Chris Rock made a lot of money out of it.

It is claimed that Jada Smith suffers from alopecia. However, alopecia looks quite different from what is seen on Jada's head. Alopecia sufferers almost always lose their eyebrows and the hair on their head turns into "patches". Jada still has her brows and an all over "five o'clock shadow" on her head, no patches or bald spots to be seen anywhere. It looks exactly like my summer hairdo, which is trimmed to just a few millimeters.

Will and Chris did a very good job on placing focus on Jada and her proclaimed illness, which nobody really knows anything about. So the average Joe turns to Google.

The number one sponsor for this year's academy awards is Pfizer. And take a wild guess who now claims to have developed a working treatment for this condition? And guess what shows up whenever anyone googles for what condition Jada claims to suffer from?

It's nothing more than hidden product placement, something Hollywood is very good at.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was staged, and both Will and Jada Smith and Chris Rock made a lot of money out of it.

It is claimed that Jada Smith suffers from alopecia. However, alopecia looks quite different from what is seen on Jada's head. Alopecia sufferers almost always lose their eyebrows and the hair on their head turns into "patches". Jada still has her brows and an all over "five o'clock shadow" on her head, no patches or bald spots to be seen anywhere. It looks exactly like my summer hairdo, which is trimmed to just a few millimeters.

Will and Chris did a very good job on placing focus on Jada and her proclaimed illness, which nobody really knows anything about. So the average Joe turns to Google.

The number one sponsor for this year's academy awards is Pfizer. And take a wild guess who now claims to have developed a working treatment for this condition? And guess what shows up whenever anyone googles for what condition Jada claims to suffer from?

It's nothing more than hidden product placement, something Hollywood is very good at.
Always keep Hanlon's Razor in mind:
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Let's stop trying to find conspiracies in everything.

Peace.

Newman

Major Contributor
:facepalm:

Benedium

Forum Donor

Pretty sure alopecia is just the scientific name for common hair loss that a good proportion of people "suffer" from. Everything has a scientific name, even when some of us don't know it. Just saying.

JSmith

Master Contributor
It's nothing more than hidden product placement
Mkay...

giphy.gif

:cool:

JSmith

Bleib

Major Contributor
The difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth is currently averaged at 3 months and 1 week
This is not a very clever thing to say in a forum where people lean towards objective truths.
It's rather that those who sell the conspiracy theories (such as Alex Jones who has become very rich of it) are merchants of snake oil just in another form.

Beave

Major Contributor
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...ce-does-not-support-claim-pfizer-staged-osca/

Note that neither of these drugs are being developed *specifically* to treat alopecia. Rather, they are each "me too" drugs that are very similar to other drugs by other companies that are already FDA approved to treat certain so-called 'autoimmune' diseases (such as ulcerative coliltis). These drugs are very expensive and have potential for serious side effects, so their use for run-of-the-mill hair loss will be limited if not zero. The fact that they might also help with certain forms of alopecia is not the prime reason for their development.

Last edited:

Beave

Major Contributor

Alopecia is a general term for hair loss and takes many forms, from complete loss of body hair to bald spots on top of men's heads. I have alopecia on my lower legs. I'm a man and it looks like I shave my legs. So, no, alopecia sufferers do not "almost always" lose their eyebrows.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's rather that those who sell the conspiracy theories (such as Alex Jones who has become very rich of it) are merchants of snake oil just in another form.
This is exactly where the meme comes from. The dude spouts so much gibberish that once in so much time he gets it sort of right. A monkey on a typewriter can type up the works of Shakespeare given enough time ;).

Beave

Major Contributor
This is exactly where the meme comes from. The dude spouts so much gibberish that once in so much time he gets it sort of right. A monkey on a typewriter can type up the works of Shakespeare given enough time ;).

Edited. I posted the same video that JSmith posted a few seconds after he did!

Anonamemouse

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...ce-does-not-support-claim-pfizer-staged-osca/

Note that neither of these drugs are being developed *specifically* to treat alopecia. Rather, they are each "me too" drugs that are very similar to other drugs by other companies that are already FDA approved to treat certain so-called 'autoimmune' diseases (such as ulcerative coliltis). These drugs are very expensive and have potential for serious side effects, so their use for run-of-the-mill hair loss will be limited if not zero. The fact that they might also help with certain forms of alopecia is not the prime reason for their development.
You're seriously pointing to politifact for a "fact check"? As Bleib said:
This is not a very clever thing to say in a forum where people lean towards objective truths.

Bleib

Major Contributor
You're seriously pointing to politifact for a "fact check"? As Bleib said:
Actually I'll give my thumbs up for the website. Also for factcheck.org and snopes.
Obviously nothing is completely free from error (or even moreso it might require more context), but if people read these websites once in a while they'd should become far less gullible

Anonamemouse

Actually I'll give my thumbs up for the website. Also for factcheck.org and snopes.
Obviously nothing is completely free from error (or even moreso it might require more context), but if people read these websites once in a while they'd should become far less gullible
I don't trust anything that runs on money from Bill Gates and the likes.

Phoney

In philosophy this is called bullshit. Bullshit differs from lies in the sense that the teller doesn't care whether what he is saying is true or not, he's just saying whatever that suits him to achieve what he wants by seducing people. He might not even have a clue about what the truth really is, and will not spend time checking the facts, because he doesn't care about the truth. This way a bullshitter may actually sometimes, unknowingly, tell the truth while bullshitting. A liar will never tell the truth while lying, because he actually knows the truth, but chooses to say something untrue on purpose. Bullshit seems to be widely accepted in todays society, moreso than lies. It's literally everywhere, politicians, media (some more than others), advertisements etc, and then you have the people that mindlessly tell all sorts of dumb theories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Bullshit

Last edited:

Bleib

Major Contributor
I don't trust anything that runs on money from Bill Gates and the likes.
Well, at least he warned people about a possible pandemic unlike some politicians who say things like "it affects virtually nobody".
I'm not a fan of Gates' Microsoft years but he has done better stuff since then. And anyone who suggests books like Hans Rosling's Factfullness can't be all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom