• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will Smith assaults Chris Rock LIVE at the Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Street-Fighter-II-Will-Smith-Chris-Rock-Intro-Opening-Funny-GIF-Like-Fighting-Video-Game.gif

chris-rock-jada-pinkett-smith.gif

JSmith

Phoney

Nothing is real. Everything is an illusion.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Jazz gets thrown out of the house by uncle Phil 14 times (and is thrown inside one time). Charges were never brought.

sq225917

Major Contributor
Funny that he seems less concerned about which men may have been in his wife's mouth than he is which men has his wifes name in their mouth!

Strange world

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone still think it was staged?
The resulting furor doesn’t preclude that. Staged things often to run off the rails and the participants feel obligated to hang on to the story.

But were it staged, I would think Rock would be publicly talking about how they kissed and made up and he understands and it’s all good and so on.

It doesn’t really matter, actually, unless the police foolishly get involved.

And they shouldn’t. When I was in grade school, two kids fighting usually meant a teacher would separate the combatants, mildly punish the one who started it, and then forget about it unless the pattern is repeated. This assumes no weapons were involved, which is a whole different thing. Now, the police are called, the parents are called, reports are filed, much navel-gazing ensues, and society writ large is blamed.

When my father was in grade school, they would have separated the combatants, put boxing gloves on their hands, and put them back together as long as it staged a “fair fight”.

Are humans any less belligerent now that we have so vilified such direct action? I can’t tell it if so.

Smith could have made his point with both Rock and is wife by walking up to Rock and saying “Sir, you have insulted my wife, and I am offended and demand satisfaction” and the slapped him lightly with a (presumably empty) glove. People would have laughed. The subsequent dual would be hoped for but not necessary.

Personally, I’d be okay if stage humor outgrew the need for roasts. Even the celebrity roasts draw blood.

Rick “as before, hoping it was real and more offended by the subsequent exchange of words” Denney

Newman

Major Contributor
So do you or don’t you?

JSmith

Master Contributor
Smith could have made his point with both Rock and is wife by walking up to Rock and saying “Sir, you have insulted my wife, and I am offended and demand satisfaction” and the slapped him lightly with a (presumably empty) glove. People would have laughed. The subsequent dual would be hoped for but not necessary.
Indeed a duel is always preferred in most cases @bloodshoteyed ... I regularly demand satisfaction in the form of a duel.

duel-challenge.gif

JSmith

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Funny as hell, had me ROTFLMAO !

Sal1950

Grand Contributor