• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will buy a Vandersteen Model 2Ce but want to use 1 amplifier instead of bi-amping for now.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes tomorrow i'm gone buy me a pair of Vandies model 2Ce.
Only issiue is i want to use only 1 amplifier for now but i'm missing shorting strips.
YLYMQDt.jpg

To solve the problem for now i'm planning to strip my isolation of my speaker cables suche that i can pull 2 bananaplugs over them. One pair will connect to the - an the other pair connect to the +.
Now i guess i fixed the problem or i hope so :facepalm:. Could this approache damage the Vandies or amp (yes a audio for Dummies question).
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Daverz

Major Contributor
Yes tomorrow i'm gone buy me a pair of Vandies model 2Ce.
Only issiue is i want to use only 1 amplifier for now but i'm missing shorting strips.
YLYMQDt.jpg

To solve the problem for now i'm planning to strip my isolation of my speaker cables suche that i can pull 2 bananaplugs over them. One pair will connect to the - an the other pair connect to the +.
Now i guess i fixed the problem or i hope so :facepalm:. Could this approache damage the Vandies or amp (yes a audio for Dummies question).
Thanks in advance

That should be fine, that's just biwiring. Biwiring should not make a difference in sound (except for having more copper). If you want something more finished, you can find various outfits that make bi-wire cable out of Canare 4S11. Bluejeans cable, for one, but they are not the only ones.

https://www.google.com/search?q=canare+4s11+bi-wire+banana&oq=canare+4s11+bi-wire+banana

Those Vandies are oldies. He moved to barrier strips on all his models a long time ago.

Top Bottom