• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will an HDMI Splitter/Audio Extractor Solve my problem?

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
JustAnan, is this what I'm looking for? Check the last one, it has 2 HDMI inputs and a dedicated HDMI Audio output. Sounds perfect, but they call it SWITCH not extractor...

it says the HDMI Audio output is for 7.1 Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Does that mean I can't use this port for DD/DD+/DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD? If so, I am left with the useless DD/DTS optical out and back to square one.
Congratulations, that is a good find! It seems that the model you selected (ZY-AV2E) fits your requirements well - two HDMI inputs, one HDMI video output, and one HDMI audio output (along with TosLink, coaxial and 3.5mm outputs), at a good sale price. The HDMI audio output should work with your soundbar given that the latter supports 7.1. I know nothing about HDMI cables, but it seems cables that meet a certain standard for 4K video are needed in addition. Hope it works for you.

Top Bottom