• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wildlife Video | Big Bird | Flight Fight

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
It's not too violent Amir. It is more for the agility of the eagle to fly with large "loads". And the bald eagle is the American national emblem and mascot, a beautiful and amazing big bird, of great agility and power/charisma.

Lots of bald eagles here too where I live, right in front of me on that high tree.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Lots of bald eagles here too where I live, right in front of me on that high tree.
Indeed. I think one of the largest concentrations of bald eagles is near Whistler I think. We also get a large concentration on Skagit River but it makes for super challenging photography. The birds are up in the tree and being in a raft that is going up and down, makes it darn near impossible to shoot them. Add cluttered background and poor lighting and it made for no keepers last time I was there. Here is one of the better ones which is still pretty low quality:

Skagit Eagle GQ5R2955.jpg

We also have a pair that roost in our bay.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
That is very nice too, and interesting to see the white plumage on its tail instead of its neck; Japan White-tailed Eagle compared to North American Bald Eagle ... White-necked Eagle.

And if you look @ the shape of its white tail (Japanese White-tailed Eagle), it reminds me of this:

state-and-national-symbols-of-japan-3-638.jpg

Plus this:

japan_gerb_coa_Abali.ru_-600x600.png

☀️ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Seal_of_Japan

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor