• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

elmoe420

I use it to skip the tracks I am tired of listening to. Click, click, click, until something I like pops up.

I also use it to adjust volume. My playlist consists of mixed tracks, so the volume discrepency is hopeless. Wiim does not support volume leveling, so I need to change volume often. It's much faster than using the phone.

Please, Wiim, implement volume leveling. It's literally a simple division on every sample. Would make listening to mixed tracks more enjoyable.

Got it, thanks for elaborating. We only use the WiiM as a digital transport so volume is always set to fixed. All of that is handled further down the chain for us (pre/pro).

I do wish WiiM would integrate better into the Android media player. It's odd how they offer no options to quickly control playback via the lockscreen. Similarly, while the Alexa VUI integration is great there are some bugs/limitations currently where the WiiM doesn't show up properly to other Alexa clients when playing unfortunately.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is an honest question and not meant to be inflammatory at all. What do you use the remote for exactly?

Everyone in my family uses Alexa to control the WiiM (they don't know or care what "bit perfect" is) and when I listen myself I simply use a mobile app. I really can't imagine why I'd ever want a physical remote for the WiiM itself. What am I missing?
Most, if not all, of my devices have a mobile app of some sort, but I don't always use them. I never use the mobile apps for my TV, fire stick, AVR etc. As daft as it sounds I like to be able to control devices without having to always look at a screen and being able to start, skip, pause, or restart a track with a physical button is sometimes more convenient and the buttons are always in the same place. It also has voice control which may be useful.
Another factor may be that one of it's main rivals seems to be the Cambridge Audio MXN10 which has no remote control and I've seen a few complaints about the lack thereof.
All that being said I'm still not sure whether I'll be getting one and it clearly is not for you. If it was included it would up the price, obviously, and you would then be paying for something of no use to you, so it's a sound approach from Wiim I think.

Petyot

If you go for the digital (DAC) volume control, the best way to set it up is with the DAC on max, turn up the amp until it is the loudest you'd expect to ever need, then use the DAC to turn down from there.
At the end, I found that I had better control with the amp’s remote. The Topping E50 remote was not responsive enough for my taste. I fixed the volume in the Dac.

Bamyasi

This is an honest question and not meant to be inflammatory at all. What do you use the remote for exactly?

Everyone in my family uses Alexa to control the WiiM (they don't know or care what "bit perfect" is) and when I listen myself I simply use a mobile app. I really can't imagine why I'd ever want a physical remote for the WiiM itself. What am I missing?
I just ordered mine. It is much easier to simply push pause button on remote when you have incoming call on your phone. At the moment, the procedure looks like the following: grab the phone from a side table, unlock phone, open correct app, switch to now playing screen, find pause button, click on it, switch to the phone dialer app, click answer button, talk on the phone. Too many operations at once. I can simply push mute button on the DAC's remote but then player app would be skipping tracks while I am on the phone.

T&T

Coming from rasberrypi 3 and 4 with Allo digione...save your will not benefit from a better power supply or better ethernet cable...contrary to rasberrypi setup.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
New FW, old behavior:

1677758345289.png

napfkuchen

Is there a European shop where the Wiim voice remote can be ordered?

napfkuchen

After several week I am happy with my Wiim Pro but I have the followung issues:
1) the optical input every now and then has short mutings, the issue is resolved temporarily switching to another input than back to optical. I don't have any problem when connected to the ethernet imput. The source is my Panasonic TV, maybe the same issue that some have reported with samsung and sony tvs?
I'm experiencing the same issue with (source is my computer via Douk Audio U2 optical output). Every 30 minutes or so the signal starts to get messy for a second or two, then is muted and back on after another second. During muting the speaker LEDs light up red (no signal).
Ethernet input (spotify connect) works without any issues.

Tremolo

I'm experiencing the same issue with (source is my computer via Douk Audio U2 optical output). Every 30 minutes or so the signal starts to get messy for a second or two, then is muted and back on after another second. During muting the speaker LEDs light up red (no signal).
Ethernet input (spotify connect) works without any issues.
In my case the new firmware solved the issue. Is yours up to date?

morillon

Major Contributor
you know they never repair num clippings in the eq mode, that has always existed, just put a drc in october to try to camouflage it...so a peq mode...
Either way, it'll be a nice surprise...

Last edited:

napfkuchen

In my case the new firmware solved the issue. Is yours up to date?
While setting up the latest firmware was installed. :(

napfkuchen

yep

Top Bottom