• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

Overseas

Major Contributor
Yeah, did that with the Mini. I am on the black list of Wiim, so now I look for others to check the improved version. People seem to agree that the 200 bucks gadget (the price I have to pay to have it delivered) cannot stand 20 optical connections... Sad.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Yeah, did that with the Mini. I am on the black list of Wiim, so now I look for others to check the improved version. People seem to agree that the 200 bucks gadget (the price I have to pay to have it delivered) cannot stand 20 optical connections... Sad.
Well, I wouldn't do an experiment you've asked for with any of my equipment regardless of its price. It's just an unnecessary risk without any profits for me.

morillon

Major Contributor
hold me I could conclude that just not too solid in the face of people doing the manipulation too brutally
and then hey.. there is hardly any reason to carry out the manipulation often...
Was my practice not normal...dozens of times.. without breaking... (measurements, comparisons, etc.)
how many known cases of breakage..pour out on the forums..and compared to the number of minis sold?
:cool:

Last edited:

Overseas

Major Contributor
Actually your request and your flippant response confirm I’d have no - in you nor
Actually your request and your flippant response confirm I’d have no interest in you nor your habits...

hold me I could conclude that just not too solid in the face of people doing the manipulation too brutally
and then hey.. there is hardly any reason to carry out the manipulation often...
Was my practice not normal...dozens of times.. without breaking... (measurements, comparisons, etc.)
how many known cases of breakage..pour out on the forums..and compared to the number of minis sold?
:cool:
People are like sheep. I was the first to report that on a certain forum, then other people started to disclose the same problem.
I do not care if it is normal for you to connect/ disconnect the optical X times a day. And I am not saying the product should do it or not. Just making sure it fulfills my needs.
And yeah, I have other cheap equipment that supports that play with optical.
You know you do not have to defend the product. But you can choose to, it is your life.

morillon

Major Contributor
may not be of "jan" quality but...
some people may have been clumsy...it also happens...just once ..

Stokdoof

Forum Donor
Maybe questions already answered.

1. Does anybody know if the WiiM Pro optical input activity is detected and can it switch to that input automatically ?
Reason is I want my TV to be master in all times to take over the sound of my stereo. I used this option on my Bluesound Node 2 but the optical input broke down a year before the complete unit died Last year.

2. The WiiM pro is a pro model but I want to use it as a consumer is that possible?

Thanks,

Maybe questions already answered.

1. Does anybody know if the WiiM Pro optical input activity is detected and can it switch to that input automatically ?
Reason is I want my TV to be master in all times to take over the sound of my stereo. I used this option on my Bluesound Node 2 but the optical input broke down a year before the complete unit died Last year.

2. The WiiM pro is a pro model but I want to use it as a consumer is that possible?

Thanks,

I ordered mine yesterday and it came today

1. I have not tested this. The 12/7/2022 release notes say:
  • Auto sensing of the Aux-in signal (only detect when device is idle)
2. I don’t understand the question. I’ll say yes. I’m not a pro and I’m using it.

Hope that helps

Stokdoof

Forum Donor
I ordered mine yesterday and it came today

1. I have not tested this. The 12/7/2022 release notes say:
  • Auto sensing of the Aux-in signal (only detect when device is idle)
2. I don’t understand the question. I’ll say yes. I’m not a pro and I’m using it.

Hope that helps
Thanks

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
For those who care

WiiM Team

Administrator​

Staff member
  • Yesterday at 10:28 PM
  • Sorry, Roon Ready won't be ready for release by 1/15. We're still in the process of getting WiiM Pro Roon Ready certified with the Roon Team. As soon as we're Roon Ready we'll let you all know! (y) We'll update the Roadmap to reflect this.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
1673644288798.png

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is what I am seeing in the post above - I've seen similar a number of times recently. The random text appears to be an image, but I can't do anything with it (Eg open it in new tab).

Is there a problem with the forum's display of images @AdamG247 ?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
This is what I am seeing in the post above - I've seen similar a number of times recently. The random text appears to be an image, but I can't do anything with it (Eg open it in new tab).

I can see this instead:

Link removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MCH

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

Looks like an invalid link transfer. Link removed from originating post. Poster notified of action. Thank you for the heads up Tony!

Multicore

Major Contributor
Looks like an invalid link transfer. Link removed from originating post. Poster notified of action. Thank you for the heads up Tony!
Yeah, sorry about that.

Sometimes I put images in a post with copy paste and they display fine for me but later when i come back i see it's just a bunch of base64 code. I'm not sure what conditions leads to it but the bottom line is if i restart Firefox deleting all the session cookies then i can check if it worked.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Yeah, sorry about that.

Sometimes I put images in a post with copy paste and they display fine for me but later when i come back i see it's just a bunch of base64 code. I'm not sure what conditions leads to it but the bottom line is if i restart Firefox deleting all the session cookies then i can check if it worked.
No need to apologize. This happens to all of us and it is obviously not intentional. It’s all good!

Top Bottom