• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

Pep2020

I've copied the text below from the Bandcamp site. I don't work for them btw, just think it's a great way to buy music and I've discovered lots of interesting stuff there:

"Since we only make money when artists make a lot more money, our interests remain aligned with those of our community. It’s a straightforward, artists-first approach, and one we’re happy to say works well. Fans have paid artists and their labels $1.03 billion using Bandcamp. In the past year alone, they’ve spent $187 million on 14.7 million digital albums, 8.2 million tracks, 1.8 million vinyl records, 850,000 CDs, 400,000 cassettes, and 150,000 t-shirts."

Schollaudio

Does the new WIIMs remember the last setting? We play a certain radio station all day. We want to hit one power switch and have the system play that station. The earlier mini I had to select the station at every turn on.

withoutsuit

Such a nice device. If it only would have hdmi, so someone has to take the expensive bluesound :(

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Note that Chromecast on the WiiM Pro doesn’t/ can’t use the WiiM app’s EQ settings, and I guess by extension any upcoming PEQ they may add. According to WiiM: “we will implement the EQ settings and our multiroom for Chromecast, it will take much time and we need to workaround the limitation of Chromecast”.

You seemingly can use the Google Home app’s bass/treble controls but I don’t see many doing that…

Jon wise

Note that Chromecast on the WiiM Pro doesn’t/ can’t use the WiiM app’s EQ settings, and I guess by extension any upcoming PEQ they may add. According to WiiM: “we will implement the EQ settings and our multiroom for Chromecast, it will take much time and we need to workaround the limitation of Chromecast”.

You seemingly can use the Google Home app’s bass/treble controls but I don’t see many doing that…
Bit of a killer for me, but at least maybe in the future.

morillon

Major Contributor

I especially hope you are doing well....
but your lack of "technical-practical" feedback for a while on the pro you have in beta when you were so committed, is a bit surprising....
(?)
chromecast ok.in all circonstances?

;-)

Last edited:
OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
I especially hope you are doing well....
but your lack of "technical-practical" feedback for a while on the pro you have in beta when you were so committed, is a bit surprising....
(?)
chromecast ok.in all circonstances?

;-)
I have been commenting on the WiiM forum as well, but equally real life (especially in the run up to Christmas) has been intruding on any spare time I might have had to test the Pro more fully. In large, apart from the few issues I have mentioned online it’s working pretty much as expected and in line with my WiiM Mini experience which isn’t surprising considering their shared codebase.

morillon

Major Contributor
that's why I point to the subject chromecast which is the thing to dig which is the most valuable in relation to the mini

;-)
shortly a" pro "for mesureaments in asr?
,-)

Top Bottom