• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah, sorry about that.

Sometimes I put images in a post with copy paste and they display fine for me but later when i come back i see it's just a bunch of base64 code. I'm not sure what conditions leads to it but the bottom line is if i restart Firefox deleting all the session cookies then i can check if it worked.

It'll display on your PC because the image is local, so you should never copy and paste here, it doesn't work like in an email.

Stokdoof

Forum Donor
Ok I give up.
I was planning to buy the WiiM pro but the WiiM mini pro is simply not for sale in Europe anywhere. There is a lot promotion for this device all over the internet but where are they. Bad timing from the company sales department IMHO.
I already spend my money on something else by now.
To be hounest my old macbook as Roon bridge (This one is RoonReady) is working fine. I do not need a streamer..

Sorry January Makes me grumpy :)

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Ok I give up.
I was planning to buy the WiiM pro but the WiiM mini pro is simply not for sale in Europe anywhere. There is a lot promotion for this device all over the internet but where are they. Bad timing from the company sales department IMHO.
To be hounest my old macbook as Roon bridge (This one is RoonReady) is working fine. I do not need a streamer..

It’s not atypical for kit to be first available in the USA (it is the biggest potential market after all) and for Europe and the rest of the world to follow a few months behind. For one thing, there may be different regulations that need to be complied with in different regions.

WiiM had hoped to release the Pro in Europe in January but that will probably slip into February. Also, rather than wait, some users have already bought their Pro from Amazon.com and had it delivered to Europe at much the same cost (including shipping) as what it will be when it is released there.

StaresyJ

I did this, worth the few bobbins extra it cost. Loving the simplicity yet effectiveness of the Pro and being able to have my phone by my side rather than plugged into my DAC with a cable.

MCH

Major Contributor
, some users have already bought their Pro from Amazon.com and had it delivered to Europe at much the same cost (including shipping) as what it will be when it is released there.
Not the best idea unless you really really can't wait. It will be a bit more expensive (20 eur for me provided the base price is the same) and you loose any viable chance of return or warranty, that in this sort of new devices is very much worth it imo (we have 2 years warranty here in eu and free shipping if you buy it at Amazon eu sites)

Last edited:

Turambar

Not the best idea unless you really really can't wait. It will be a bit more expensive (20 eur for me provided the base price is the same) and you loose any viable chance of return or warranty, that in this sort of new devices is very much worth it imo (we have 2 years warranty here in eu and free shipping if you buy it at Amazon eu sites)
Two years of guarantee is the minimum in the EU, in Spain they are actually three.

Reactions: MCH

StaresyJ

It cost me £170 including shipping and import taxes. I don’t expect it to break and anyway when the dip shit majority in the UK voted to leave the EU we probably have up any EU warranty rights in any event so?

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
It cost me £170 including shipping and import taxes. I don’t expect it to break and anyway when the dip shit majority in the UK voted to leave the EU we probably have up any EU warranty rights in any event so?
We implemented the EU regs in the shape of the Consumer Rights Act (as allowed in the EU regs) but it didn’t stop people quoting general EU rules which didn’t apply in the U.K. not realising the CRA were our “eu rules”.

StaresyJ

We implemented the EU regs in the shape of the Consumer Rights Act (as allowed in the EU regs) but it didn’t stop people quoting general EU rules which didn’t apply in the U.K. not realising the CRA were our “eu rules”.
Which I don’t believe extend outside of the EU? Anyways, I’m hoping it doesn’t break down soon!

yllanos

It’s not atypical for kit to be first available in the USA (it is the biggest potential market after all) and for Europe and the rest of the world to follow a few months behind. For one thing, there may be different regulations that need to be complied with in different regions.

WiiM had hoped to release the Pro in Europe in January but that will probably slip into February. Also, rather than wait, some users have already bought their Pro from Amazon.com and had it delivered to Europe at much the same cost (including shipping) as what it will be when it is released there.

Can confirm. Ordered mine last week on amazon.com and I should receive mine at my place here in Colombia. Let's see what all the fuzz is about.

jmtocali

Can confirm. Ordered mine last week on amazon.com and I should receive mine at my place here in Colombia. Let's see what all the fuzz is about.
Mine took 7 days in December from Amazon until delivered to Cali, I had 3 minis and now the Pro is being used as my main streamer feeding a minidsp ddrc 24 and then to my receiver (Onkyo TX-8270).

Cincyret

My 2 cents. Ordered from Amazon on 1/11/23, arrived Friday (1/13/23), setup late Saturday [probably rushed] & ran into problems (TV audio crackling & SPDIF[toslink] out didn't work. I left 3 [!] messages - WiiM Forum, Support on their site, & Feedback in the app (probably the best way). To all messages I got a kind response within 4 hrs or overnight. In any case on Sunday (1/15/23-Today) I retried and connected everything..Result: everything works perfectly!
My setup:
2 Inputs to WiiM Pro - Ethernet (Qobuz Hi-res) & SPDIF (Toslink from Sony TV)
2 Outputs - COAX (to minidsp Flex - to amp & speakers) & SPDIF (Toslink to Topping EX5 - to Headphones)
2 Sources - Qobuz (Hi-res music) & Sony TV audio (I get no latency issues)
Results - everything works perfectly - HI-res thru both COAX & Toslink, no sound problems with TV audio

TV audio crackling - I noticed this Saturday night, but not on Sunday - only 1 hr listening - will continue to monitor..

A big shoutout to the Wiim Team - I love the product & support couldn't be better!
(see photo - the Wiim Pro is in the middle left)
John

Attachments

• New WiiM (002).jpg
    New WiiM (002).jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 225

gianventu

Ok I give up.

But you can buy it from amazon usa. They deliver in Europe in about a week.

yllanos

Hi. I just got my Wiim Pro.

I'm a bit confused as to what 12V trigger cable I can get as it doesn't seem to be the usual 3.5mm cable.

Thanks

yllanos

I'm seriously considering getting a Wiim Pro. I'm growing very frustrated with the experience after trying to use a Bluesound Node (2021) for the last 6+ months, too unstable and not a huge fan of the app either.

Well. I received mine yesterday.

I am happily surprised. This thing rocks. I will be comparing it to Bluesound Node and Sonos AMP (not the same type of product, I know).

Way better experience than Bluesound Node honestly. And for that price, I cannot even complain (at least not that much lol).

PROs:
  • It has handled beautifully everything I've thrown at it. Basically, it just works
  • App is fluid/responsive and good looking.
  • When you play a new album, it will clear the queue for you and will add new items starting from current selection. Node will just add new items but queue does not get cleared, creating some kind of history I don't like or care anymore, so annoying. Sonos app works the same as Wiim, which I appreciate
  • Form factor is good. Just a tad shorter but wider than an Apple TV, if that makes sense.
  • I really liked the feature to test output signal when setting it up. I was able to send 24bit/192Khz to my external DAC via optical, no issues.
  • Chromecast works. It really does. I was never able to do this on my Node (I work on IT and I did network troubleshooting). Now I can cast from Plexamp to Wiim Pro. Chromecast isn't a feature on Sonos, so this is a win here.

CONs
  • Trigger out is 2.5mm. Most amps I've dealt with are 3.5mm so you will have to get some kind of adapter.
  • Desktop app sucks. Big time. I know it is currently marked as beta, but it is so incomplete and superficial that it is not an option for me. I really hope they improve on this as I hate being stuck only to my phone to play content. However, for the moment I use Tidal's app via Tidal Connect.
  • No remote. I mean, it's OK for the price and I guess we will be able to eventually use a remote, but for now just make it possible to learn commands so aftermaket options are a possibility.
  • No native Apple Music integration. Only Sonos offers this feature, it would be really nice to not be dependent on Airplay.
  • No HDMI input.
I set up this device by midday. App download + system update. During nighttime I got notification about an iOS app update for Wiim. I think this is a good sign about engagement from developers and not forgetting about their customers:
1673978926260.png

In terms of app experience, I will rate it as:
Sonos >> Wimm >> Bluesound Node

In terms of features:
Wiim >> Sonos >> Bluesound Node

Value per price:
Wiim >> Sonos|Bluesound Node

I really hope for a future "Wiim Ultra" version with balanced outputs and a sub out with configurable crossover. A 3.5mm trigger out wouldn't be bad. HDMI with ARC a must.

Last edited:

Merifon

A little bit off topic...
Using Tidal connect, Tidal app doesn't record recently played and doesn't autostart related song radio after the end of a playlist.
Is it a wiim use related behavior or that's happening always with Tidal connect?
I tried a couple of time with Tidal's support but apart: "Reboot anything on earth", no substantial help...

Last edited:
Top Bottom