• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

chenubal

Attachments

• 1627666081.jpg
    1627666081.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 187

decomo

Does anyone have the noise issues between songs? When I click next track, there is strong hiss noise between songs. This noise also appears and stays on when there is no music playing for more than 30 secs until music starts playing again. Is it just me or this is supposed to happen for Wiim Pro?

I initially thought that it may be my DAC so I connected CD transport to my DAC to test with and no noise between songs and when music paused at all so it is definitely Wiim Pro produce this noise.

Videopac

Wiim Plus would have been a better name than Wiim Pro and it would leave room for a real pro version.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Linkplay's outlet store on Ebay is selling 'refurbished' WiiM Pro streamers for $99.99 USD

Romario

Does anyone have the noise issues between songs? When I click next track, there is strong hiss noise between songs. This noise also appears and stays on when there is no music playing for more than 30 secs until music starts playing again. Is it just me or this is supposed to happen for Wiim Pro?

I initially thought that it may be my DAC so I connected CD transport to my DAC to test with and no noise between songs and when music paused at all so it is definitely Wiim Pro produce this noise.
On all outputs?

Sam Ash

Yes, ist does. When I switch on my TV, it triggers the Wiim pro via toslink. The Wiim triggers the dx3 by coax connection and the amp with a 12v line. I like it very much.
That is a huge advantage, I'm not fond of switching-on/off equipment manually. I do like the fact that the Topping DAC sits on top of the Wiim Pro as they are both nearly the same size. Any idea if there is a performance / audible difference between your DAC and the SMSL D-6?

chenubal

That is a huge advantage, I'm not fond of switching-on/off equipment manually. I do like the fact that the Topping DAC sits on top of the Wiim Pro as they are both nearly the same size. Any idea if there is a performance / audible difference between your DAC and the SMSL D-6?
I don‘t trink so. But we have done some comparisons with an SMSL M500, and we thought that the SMSL sound better. But it was not a fair DBT and very subjective.

JasonC331

Forum Donor
@VintageFlanker Do you have any plans to retest after several firmware updates? Would like to see if they fixed the EQ while in fixed mode.

SoaringBear

Thank you for the review. I purchased a WiiM Pro and use an external DAC with it. It sounds very good. The software integration of WiiM and Tidal are both excellent. It is very dependable and the only bad thing I can say about it is the volume sometimes adjusts itself and then won't go very loud until I turn volume all the way down and start over. I don't know if this is a Tidal or a WiiM issue. It's not that big a deal.

Heads up, at first Tidal sounded dreadful over the Wiim Pro. Don't know why. Even my wife complained about the very bad sound. And then, it started to sound good without any changes.

Sam Ash

Since the Wiim Pro is a Spotify Connect specified, does Spotify work flawlessely with Wiim Pro (and Wiim Mini)?

Can one use the Spotify native app directly? or is it a must to access Spotify via the Wiim app?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Since the Wiim Pro is a Spotify Connect specified, does Spotify work flawlessely with Wiim Pro (and Wiim Mini)?

Can one use the Spotify native app directly? or is it a must to access Spotify via the Wiim app?
You can't access Spotify via the WiiM app (or any other app that I'm aware of, except LMS). Yes, Spotify Connect works flawlessly, the few times I've used it with the WiiM.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
What do you miss out if you go for the WiiM Pro instead of the The Bluesound NODE?

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered this just now since it went on sale. I am hoping to replace CCA + miniDsp (optical in, PEQ on) with this. Given the measurements of the miniDsp here, would the analog output be significantly different? I think not, but I am not an expert at interpreting these measurements, so asking here.

chris256

I am thinking about using this device in conjunction with RME ADI 2 DAC FS (coax or opt). The network interface will be Ethernet in LAN only mode (internet access completely blocked).

Locally upnp will be used:

My questions:
  • Does anyone know if WiiM Pro will work with gerbera? Does it also work with upplay?
  • Does WiiM Pro support fast forward and rewind in an audio file (flac) via upplay (upnp)?

One more question: is there a power supply part of the package?

TIA for any hint!

Last edited:

Sam Ash

How are owners of the WiiM Pro accessing and playing back their local music files?

I suppose a NAS drive could be introduced on the domestic network switch or router. Are the music files (sorted in folders for categories) accessible on the app in a quick and efficient manner? I suppose a fast wireless network or MESH network would help.

Top Bottom