• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

imral3

I use a fire tablet exclusively for controlling the Wiim mini with AMHD. I play whole albums, 99.98% of the time, and the tablet has only a 30 minute screen wake timer, unless touched. I got into the habit of randomly reaching over and tapping the screen every once in a while.

rarewolf

Is there a way to save folders in favourites in the WiiM App, I can see how to do songs but not folders and it's a pain to keep having to navigate to where my music's stored every time.

Have you tried pointing your preferred player at the WiiM? For casting my player’s output to a different device, my player lists the WiiM along other with nearby devices on my LAN…

flaviocc

I use a fire tablet exclusively for controlling the Wiim mini with AMHD. I play whole albums, 99.98% of the time, and the tablet has only a 30 minute screen wake timer, unless touched. I got into the habit of randomly reaching over and tapping the screen every once in a while.
Same here, using a fire tablet. Nice idea.

Too bad Android OS have no support to landscape option.

Last edited:

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Hi WiiM Mini users,

I have a Mini connected directly to a Quad 306 power amp (a combination that Peter Walker couldn't have imagined!), and I am experiencing some issues when streaming Amazon Music HD, whether I am casting from the Amazon Music app or using the WiiM app:

1. When I start an album or change albums or tracks, or navigate (using the slider) within a track, I hear several small pops before the music plays. This also happens as the music goes from one track to another on the same album. The pops are not loud, but who knows what could happen down the road since I don't have a separate preamp before the power amp.

2. As soon as I start the music, I hear a lot of grunge/hiss overlaid on the music, sounding almost like old-fashioned LP groove roar. If I stop the music, the noise also stops. Between tracks of the same album, the grungy noise also pauses for a moment (no gapless playback here).

My Mini is connected to the same Wifi extender 5G network as the WiiM Pro I also have. The Pro is connected through digital coax out and with the Pro I do not have any of the issues I've described with the Mini.

I can still return the Mini, but before doing that I would appreciate any guidance you might have. Thanks very much.

Last edited:

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Hi WiiM Mini users,

I have a Mini connected directly to a Quad 306 power amp (a combination that Peter Walker couldn't have imagined!), and I am experiencing some issues when streaming Amazon Music HD, whether I am casting from the Amazon Music app or using the WiiM app:

1. When I start an album or change albums or tracks, I hear several small pops before the music plays. This also happens as the music goes from one track to another on the same album. The pops are not loud, but who knows what could happen down the road since I don't have a separate preamp before the power amp.

2. As soon as I start the music, I hear a lot of grunge/hiss overlaid on the music, sounding almost like old-fashioned LP groove roar. If I stop the music, the noise also stops. Between tracks of the same album, the grungy noise also pauses for a moment (no gapless playback here).

My Mini is connected to the same Wifi extender 5G network as the WiiM Pro I also have. The Pro is connected through digital coax out and with the Pro I do not have any of the issues I've described with the Mini.

I can still return the Mini, but before doing that I would appreciate any guidance you might have. Thanks very much.

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Thanks Ralph. I looked quickly at that WiiM forum thread, and it seems most of the users reporting inter-track pops are connecting the Mini to their DACs. But I am using mine through its own analog outputs. (The WiiM app reports that my Wifi network signal strength is "very good," if that matters.)

gokhand

Do you guys still have issues with Deezer? The experience I had three months ago was terrible.
unfortunately it's not better.
after months of announcing that I will be "soon "" ok"".. ""new api in october""" etc
wiim has finished since mid november hasn't talked about it at all... (somewhere it's more honest)
maybe the worries are too big...
gives the feeling that they have completely given up "deezer"...
Today wiim mini updated to the new firmware version: 4.6.504752 , when I opened the wiim app it showed me a popup that they fixed the deezer api issue. I didn’t take screenshot, I thought I can see on the release notes section, but at the time of writing still not exist on the notes yet: https://wiimhome.com/releaseNote

Finally Wiim fixed the Deezer issue today, if you play over wiim app, Deezer does not logged out automatically. So you continue to listen in flac format. All playlist etc was vanishing and defaulted, now stays there and I enjoyed couple of hours today and never failed.

Finally very good news indeed!

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I received the Wiim mini, I associated it with the Pro. Both use the toslink output.

I'm very happy about it.

morillon

Major Contributor
Today wiim mini updated to the new firmware version: 4.6.504752 , when I opened the wiim app it showed me a popup that they fixed the deezer api issue. I didn’t take screenshot, I thought I can see on the release notes section, but at the time of writing still not exist on the notes yet: https://wiimhome.com/releaseNote

Finally Wiim fixed the Deezer issue today, if you play over wiim app, Deezer does not logged out automatically. So you continue to listen in flac format. All playlist etc was vanishing and defaulted, now stays there and I enjoyed couple of hours today and never failed.

holy news..
deezer finally seems to be working...

morillon

Major Contributor
How is Wiim app compared to Deezer for Android or Iphone? I'm waiting for Wiim pro only because I would like to Cromecast Deezer
I never had obvious answers concerning chromecast on the pro with deezer hifi ....
either the cast often seems questionable in terms of quality....
The question is actually quite simple...

if you already have a mini .. become usable in hifi mode via wiim home even if of course does not have the interface quality of the deezer app (which is a disaster in terms of audio quality precisely if you need to cast and does not even offer dlna etc. don't even see a wiim)

if you have neither mini nor pro...
might as well take the pro directly...
may be on occasion will be effective in chromecast in the future, or enriched with roon peq functions...
the material limits of the mini will block...
(
but deezer hifi has finally become operational with mini and pro ...
in my case .. except to learn real efficient and factual progress, not just promises, on the pro, seen i uses a dac ... I will stick to the mini and wiim home for the moment ...
efforts are more to be expected from deezer and an application capable of managing other protocols than chromecast, it seems to me...! not wiim now!the deezer hifi quality mode has now become usable thanks to wiim and not deezer...a shame!)

some reading..
;-)

Last edited:

gokhand

Today wiim website updated, these are the latest firmware changes:

4.6.504752 (Latest)

Release date:

1 / 16 / 2023

This update involves the following:

• Fixed – Deezer API bug
  • Fixed - Unexpected stop when playing Amazon Prime music
  • New feature - Support dynamic track metadata information for vTuner

telemike

I loved that WiiM has UHD Alexacast but the Amazon apps on Android and IOS are awful. So slow to navigate and find my music. Blue spinning wheel for a minute it seems. UGH.

Switching to Tidal Hi-Fi and using Tidal Connect. Tidal's app is almost as good as Spotify. Still waiting for Spotify hi-Fi....

DeepSpace57

Today wiim website updated, these are the latest firmware changes:

4.6.504752 (Latest)

Release date:

1 / 16 / 2023

This update involves the following:

• Fixed – Deezer API bug
  • Fixed - Unexpected stop when playing Amazon Prime music
  • New feature - Support dynamic track metadata information for vTuner

Is there anyone who can confirm if the Deezer is now stable? would really appreciate it!

Top Bottom