• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

SiR

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Absent an Unlimited subscription Prime members only get a shuffle play option which is pretty useless for most of us.
I've read that - but as of now, I can still play an album in the correct order.

morillon

Major Contributor
more expensive than often advertised.
we are closer to double than a mini in the end ..

can be more insitera to reflect if there is real added value for our specific personal uses in relation to our mini..
case by case...
(or wait to see the factual features that will exist...)

MCH

Major Contributor

can be more insitera to reflect if there is real added value for our specific personal uses in relation to our mini..
case by case...
I was going to answer that for 106 eur (mini at amazon.de) vs 177 eur (pro at Audiophonics) I would go for the pro, but I am seeing that amazon.de has the mini at 86eur for black Friday and Audiophonics does not show the price of the pro anymore :D

morillon

Major Contributor
it seems to me that we often find the mini between 80 and 90 euro...

but the question in the end is not really the ... for who already has a mini ...

;-)

onlyoneme

Major Contributor

case by case...
We have to wait for first valuable reviews.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
1669372969101.jpeg

Aha! :D

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
You’re right! Gap vs. gapless should actually look different.

Merifon

don't know where and how you taken those samples but some songs have to be listened gapless and without beat loss.
Your samples are strange, since gaps always introduce delay and loss of beat sync also, this is not the case you reported.

You can take as example Trans Europ Express" from Kraftwerk, that long song has three phases, separately indexed but flowing seamless. A pause amomg them, interrupts the flowing of emotions and lose the beat.

So, a good gapless is preferable a not gapless, there always will be a case needing a gapless play and someone interested in it.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor

Merifon

Imsjry

Has anyone figured out how to control the WiiM app from the lock screen on a mobile device? It’s super annoying to have to unlock the phone and open the app just to adjust the volume or skip a track.

Hi guys I'm looking to buy the Wiim Mini or the Wiim Pro, at the moment I have a Yamaha-AS300 stereo amp driving my Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 bookshelf speakers
What external dac would you guys recommend or is the dac inside the Mini and Pro good enough?
I don't know if I really need the Pro version, I use Tidal so I would you use the Tidal Connect feature
Thanks in advance

DTTOM37

Hi guys I'm looking to buy the Wiim Mini or the Wiim Pro, at the moment I have a Yamaha-AS300 stereo amp driving my Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 bookshelf speakers
What external dac would you guys recommend or is the dac inside the Mini and Pro good enough?
I don't know if I really need the Pro version, I use Tidal so I would you use the Tidal Connect feature
Thanks in advance
Nice little budget system, please note, it is kind of difficult to give advice with such a limited information .. here's a try ...

... depends on what DAC quality you are used to, what you expect from a DAC and what would be the source of your music library.

- The internal DAC of the WIIM may be acceptable, but not as good as DACs in the 100-250€/$ range.
- If you have a catalog of ripped SACDs to enjoy, your choice of DAC may be different than when you library consist only of ripped CDs.
- When your aim is to stream hi-res content from one of the streaming services, you may want to use a DAC that shines via Coax in 24/192.

Personally, I like the WIIM mini a lot, using it with external DAC like the SONCOZ LA-QXD,
But if I would buy new with a limited budget, I may go for the WIIM Pro and SMSL DO100, alternatively a SCHIIT DAC, depending on which economy you like to support ...
HTH, Tom

Top Bottom