• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Well one month since they promised to fix the Deezer problem and they still haven't. I wish they would just tell me to go buy a new reciever or switch to tidal since they don't plan to fix it

I bet WiiM are too...

Perhaps I misinterpreted the text: have you just tried logging out of Deezer in the WiiM app and logging back in again? The new API may be a 'behind the scenes' change that doesn't radically change how the WiiM App appears. I only have a free Deezer account which I hardly ever use so I wouldn't be the best judge of what might have changed.
Logging out and in fixes the problem for about 10-20 minutes and then it defaults back into trial mode.

Silver Chips

Ah, the infamous “some guy on the internet” has spoken, therefore it must be true! :facepalm:

WiiM has stated late Nov / early Dec. we’ll see.
Correct and I hope I'm wrong. :facepalm:

A supposed beta tester/reviewer for the upcoming Pro posted that he was told: "Looks like the pro moved into DVT stage of production on October 20th."

If you know anything about manufacturing and preliminary stages DVT & PVT, then you'll know the rest and possible timelines. Take it all with a grain of salt and awesome if it does indeed start arriving on store shelves/amazon by late Nov / early Dec.; l hope they do it and get it right. That would be impressive and should be commended.

telemike

Well one month since they promised to fix the Deezer problem and they still haven't. I wish they would just tell me to go buy a new reciever or switch to tidal since they don't plan to fix it

It's Deezer's problem, not Wiim's. Ask Deezer to fix the API. Wiim can only work with the API given to them by Deezer.

Brantome

Major Contributor

onlyoneme

Major Contributor

Brantome

Major Contributor
But there is no information about it on the roadmap either...
Maybe because Deezer haven’t given a date for its approval? Guess those who really need it can get an update from WiiM if they’re concerned and pass that info back here.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Maybe because Deezer haven’t given a date for its approval? Guess those who really need it can get an update from WiiM if they’re concerned and pass that info back here.
Status is simply unclear atm. We lack any valid and definitive statements here.

DTTOM37

Unless “some guy on the internet” is me. I just posted that 300,000 users can decode an MQA file. That number is optimistic, so they are going after a tiny part of the streaming market. WiiM may want to rethink support for HiFi Plus tier.
Your numbers made it as well to the WIIM Forum ...

morillon

Major Contributor
seems out recently(?)
linkplay inside...no?
219 dollars.....
usb host..
DAC ESS Sabre 9023 and aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0.
not so expensive too

??
(the hardware looks pretty interesting.
but on the software side even if always the same software base as the mini-pro
?)

Last edited:

tom_tom

By the way. Is there any official ( or not ) number of how many active users Wiim have or how many minis were sold ?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
seems out recently(?)
linkplay inside...no?
219 dollars.....
usb host..
DAC ESS Sabre 9023 and aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0.
not so expensive too

??
(the hardware looks pretty interesting.
but on the software side even if always the same software base as the mini-pro
?)
That’s been out for at least two years. Old Linkplay A31-based device. No Tidal Connect, no AirPlay 2, no 5GHz WiFi, no Chromecast, limited to 16/44.1 digital outputs. Zzzzzzz

morillon

Major Contributor
oups
;-)
(I imagine that they will have to release a "modern" version in the future "near the "pro"" with same linkplay modules etc
;-) )

Last edited:

DTTOM37

oups
;-)
(I imagine that they will have to release a "modern" version in the future "near the "pro"" with same linkplay modules etc
;-) )
Maybe with the A98 Linkplay module and perhaps an ESS9038q2m DAC chip like the recent Audiophonics Hypex/ESS/WIIM combo ?

FWIW, I think the S50pro+ is a very good device for the price, depending on your existing system and your goals.
If you can make out the difference between Hi-Res and lossless 16-bit PCM-FLAC ad hoc, you may look elsewhere:
For everyone happy with CD-Quality the device (and all incarnations like the Auris) offer plenty of functionality.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
For everyone happy with CD-Quality the device (and all incarnations like the Auris) offer plenty of functionality.
Except that none of the Linkplay A31-based devices tested by Amir is CD quality.

morillon

Major Contributor
Except that none of the Linkplay A31-based devices tested by Amir is CD quality.

it really does not feel good ....
double oups
;-)

DTTOM37

That may be true, but likely a bit too academic for me.
I've some doubt that many of the vintage gear owner who may be looking for such a streamer/functionality at that price point are in reality capable (by system limitation, by experience and by nature) to profit completely from the CD quality spectre. They may want to ...
For anyone else there are Linkplay A98 module based streamers and Topping E70 DAC ready to touch their limits. ;-)

Steve H

Your numbers made it as well to the WIIM Forum ...

If I ever get verified I will be happy to tell them where I get my information. but neither of my business emails work not does my primary personal email

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have listened many songs between cd and high resolution on quoboz but no wow factor on high resolution. In fact, cd quality on quoboz much more pleasing to my ear.

Top Bottom