• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would have thought you’d known by now that these dates are purely indicative - think of them as around mid month and around the end of the month, nothing more accurate than that. Thank god they don’t put a rough time of day on them too… :p:D
Haha, I know I just like reminding to get that stuff release on time. I had beta before it cause stuttering so I went to official firmware. I don’t know if that issue has been resolve. Only way to know when get release.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Depends how do you define being "bit-perfect"...
Anyway, non-EQ mode is free of clipping distortions, EQ mode is broken and distorted even with "flat" preset.
Flat EQ. @WiiM Support

1khz_flat_eq.wav.png

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
What equipment you use to measure those?
Sox generated 1kHz -0.1dB test tone -> LMS server -> UPnP -> WiiM Mini -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS optical in -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS USB out -> linux box -> Sox capture (rec) -> .wav file.

Visualization of captured .wav file with Python scipy -> numpy fft -> matplotlib.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
WhT about 0 dB 1khz, produces same as -0.1 Dan? I like dumb questions;)
Sox generator clips when I tried to create at 0dB, so use -0.1dB instead, to ensure test tone is pure.

sox WARN dither: dither clipped 1062 samples; decrease volume?

lordhumungous

I'm really impressed with Wiim as a company. There software has been outstanding and I have recommended their products to others
which I usually don't do. Keep up those great measurements on the Pro !!

Philsen89

Anyone received yet?

Updates to be
released by 11/15
New features:

• MQA for both MQA render and non-MQA render DAC (Public preview)
Wiim told me to get on the beta whitelist a few times but for now, nothing happened. I’m just writing every week a reminder in my ticket, but there’s no answer since 3 weeks. In the beginning I loved their communication, but for now it’s just worse. I have 4 open emails to them and simply no reaction. Just a little “sorry, we are so busy” would be ok.

But no, nothing.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone received yet?

Updates to be
released by 11/15
New features:

• MQA for both MQA render and non-MQA render DAC (Public preview)
Wiim told me to get on the beta whitelist a few times but for now, nothing happened. I’m just writing every week a reminder in my ticket, but there’s no answer since 3 weeks. In the beginning I loved their communication, but for now it’s just worse. I have 4 open emails to them and simply no reaction. Just a little “sorry, we are so busy” would be ok.

But no, nothing.
I’m looking forward to this, I haven’t got it.

rmsanger

“We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by late November to early December”. Xmas then ;)

Has anybody heard updated timing of this product release for 2022?

Silver Chips

Has anybody heard updated timing of this product release for 2022?
I wouldn't be banking for a Santa delivery this year, most likely 1st or 2nd qtr of '23.
On another site, it was said Wiim started there Design Validation and Testing (DVT) stage at the end of Oct., after however long that takes, the next step would be PVT (Product Validation and Testing: final design for manufacturing, final design for assembly, and then final packaging & out of box experience tests......etc), when that gets completed, they can then start retail production, then add the shipping time getting those products across the pacific into stores. Timelines for all of this can vary greatly but seriously doubt anyone is going to see a retail box under the Christmas tree or in their home system anytime in '22 or Jan. I would say it's probably more realistic March-April. Hopefully they'll have already pumped out & shipped a bunch of Pro's before the Chinese New Year vacation shutdown (Jan. 22).

It appears the company or a distributor in the US is selling refurnished Mini's for $64 shipped on eBay.

Last edited:

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Ah, the infamous “some guy on the internet” has spoken, therefore it must be true! :facepalm:

WiiM has stated late Nov / early Dec. we’ll see.

Steve H

Ah, the infamous “some guy on the internet” has spoken, therefore it must be true! :facepalm:

WiiM has stated late Nov / early Dec. we’ll see.

Unless “some guy on the internet” is me. I just posted that 300,000 users can decode an MQA file. That number is optimistic, so they are going after a tiny part of the streaming market. WiiM may want to rethink support for HiFi Plus tier.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Unless “some guy on the internet” is me. I just posted that 300,000 users can decode an MQA file. That number is optimistic, so they are going after a tiny part of the streaming market. WiiM may want to rethink support for HiFi Plus tier.
I was referring to the launch date post, not MQA...

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Email just now from WiiM:

WiiM Pro will be sold on Amazon towards the end of November to early December timeframe. As the launch date gets closer, we'll send out another newsletter with Amazon links by the countries it's available to purchase in

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Quick comparison: Sonos Connect, KEiiD, Wiim Mini, all tests done at 16/44.1kHz, optical out.

pi@pitestrig:~/fft $ python3 thdcalculator.py in/sonos_connect.wav 1000 1 5
filename = in/sonos_connect.wav
freq = 1000, t1 = 1, t2 = 5
frame rate = 44100, channel = 2
shape = (2, 253952), dim = 253952, sample_rate = 44100 channels = 2
track length = 5.76 seconds
low_freq = 10.0, max_freq = 1000.0
low_freq = 10.0, max_freq = 1000.0
channel 1: thd = 0.00007 %
channel 2: thd = 0.00007 %

pi@pitestrig:~/fft $ python3 thdcalculator.py in/KEiiD.wav 1000 1 5
filename = in/KEiiD.wav