• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Jpdelaney.tml

Just want the update to end and the Mini declared “fixed” now. No real apprehension, just want to end out an this thread :) and get the review changed if it gets Roon by ASR to recommended as it should be.

Music1969

Major Contributor
I originally craved for ethernet port when having WiFi issues.

But once I found that WiiM Mini doesn't play nice with DNS over TLS on my router (for me anyway), then once they added the 8.8.8.8 option in WiiM Home app, all WiFi problems vanished for me.

Plain old 2.4GHz has been perfectly fine for me (I don't have neighbour interference on 2.4G)

But if you are having WiFi issues, then WiiM Pro solves that fully with ethernet RJ45 input.

Plus more DSP and Chromecast features are coming to WiiM Pro, not possible with WiiM Mini.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I originally craved for ethernet port when having WiFi issues.

But once I found that WiiM Mini doesn't play nice with DNS over TLS on my router (for me anyway), then once they added the 8.8.8.8 option in WiiM Home app, all WiFi problems vanished for me.

Plain old 2.4GHz has been perfectly fine for me (I don't have neighbour interference on 2.4G)

But if you are having WiFi issues, then WiiM Pro solves that fully with ethernet RJ45 input.

Plus more DSP and Chromecast features are coming to WiiM Pro, not possible with WiiM Mini.
More power more possibility can be implemented till it reach its limit for another release of new product maybe called wiim mini pro 2. Hopefully, the next after pro will have usb and iu2 connection and more powerful hardware from quad core to octa core and from 512 memory to 1 gig.

Smartplug

Just want the update to end and the Mini declared “fixed” now. No real apprehension, just want to end out a this thread :) and get the review changed if it gets Roon by ASR to recommended as it should be.
As long they continue to add features bug fixing wont end anytime soon. As you add code, it break other. Now, if adding features is over then several bug fixing from reported user will come close to getting bug free.

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
Configurable PEQ DSP would be fantastic addition for the Pro model. I am currently looking at plugging my existing Wiim Mini into a RPI and then onto a DAC, just so I could try some room correction filters - but if they offered this built in and configurable via their App that would be amazing.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Configurable PEQ DSP would be fantastic addition for the Pro model. I am currently looking at plugging my existing Wiim Mini into a RPI and then onto a DAC, just so I could try some room correction filters - but if they offered this built in and configurable via their App that would be amazing.
You should do this because you can run multi thousand tap IIR + FIR filters on an RPi4. Camilla?

You won't get this kind of result with 10 band PEQ (if PEQ comes)

Jpdelaney.tml

BTW, casting from Amazon iOS app shows no quality indicator, what am I really getting, just curious. It is perfectly gapless :)

Attachments

• 2257F0B8-343C-400C-92F6-4ED9F4123628.png
    2257F0B8-343C-400C-92F6-4ED9F4123628.png
    369.9 KB · Views: 58

Brantome

Major Contributor
For those of you waiting for the latest firmware

(Latest)
Release date:
9 / 29 / 2022
It's postponed to 10/10 due to issues found by our QA at the last moment.

Smartplug

eventually it’s going to reach a point all features they wanted and possible to implement will be incorporated and from there it will just bug fixing.

hitechakias

I have the latest firmware and I can't play Amazon Music more than 5 min... playback stops device is disappearing and I have too restart it to set it up again. Probably useless at least for now.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
eventually it’s going to reach a point all features they wanted and possible to implement will be incorporated and from there it will just bug fixing.
Sonos still pushers out firmware updates every month or two. It’s never “done”.

Top Bottom