• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

DerRoland

Can‘t add any song from Amazon-Music to a created playlist. The given hint in the empty playlist to press the (…) icon at the search results don‘t show my a command to add it to a playlist. Actual app 2.1.1 on IOS.

Songs on my local server shows the “add to favorites” and “add to playlist” option.

Do I something wrong?

Attachments

• A6C26A7D-F7F8-4F64-A6E6-5EC8578F1746.jpeg
    A6C26A7D-F7F8-4F64-A6E6-5EC8578F1746.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 48

Brantome

Major Contributor
Can‘t add any song from Amazon-Music to a created playlist. The given hint in the empty playlist to press the (…) icon at the search results don‘t show my a command to add it to a playlist. Actual app 2.1.1 on IOS.

Songs on my local server shows the “add to favorites” and “add to playlist” option.

Do I something wrong?
No, you didn’t do anything wrong - it’s a feature that’s under development but not yet available,

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Since I purchase topping E50 awhile back, I did not have time to connect on laptop till today to see what’s the hype on MQA. On tidal app, I turn on exclusive mode as well mqa pass through bypass so the the dac will do all the unfolding. My observation, using apps do the first unfolding then dac do the rendering against dac doing all the unfolding. There was distinct that I could hear clearly. Tidal app doing the first unfold the sound was not clear and a bit of haze. It’s like window with streak on it that you can’t quite see what’s outside. On dac doing all the unfolding it was clear that as if there was no window looking directly outside. Now, since I have both amazon hd and tidal hifi plus, they present music in my ear different ways. Again, this is my ear and your ear may hear different thing that I describe. Amazon present music like musician singing infront of you, some user call this in your face. Tidal is like amazon but with added reverb and decay that can be joyful. Everyone has its own preference and taste so in conclusion I am keeping them both.

Merifon

While I’d agree that in theory using a 2.4Ghz or a 5Ghz wifi shouldn’t matter when it comes to streaming, a 2.4ghz network is more susceptible to interference in a modern home due to the presence of things like microwaves, baby monitors, smart home zigbee hubs etc that might cause poorer signals, packet loss/retries etc. Such interference might well impact an an audio stream.
Sure, that's the reason why I gone with 5GHz, with good position for receiving.
Anyway, it's not impossible to setup a 2.4Ghz with strong ang good reception. In this case, I think is a waste of time, searching for a hypothetical differences in sound that simply there aren't.

DantonIzzo

Forgive me if I insist but given the transmission protocol, error correction and asynchronous buffering, without reception problems that can cause interruptions, the data transferred will be the same and therefore the exact same stream will be played, at 2.4 or 5Ghz . To give an example, I don't think a .doc text is more or less poetic depending on the frequency of the WiFi.
On the other hand, it is possible that enabling or disabling the equalizer may involve different phases of software processing, so it is legitimate to question and possibly measure whether there are differences.
I find 5ghz too shortand unstable to use around my house. the connection goes in and out. I stock with 2.4.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Python example to query Deezer for an album, create a play queue on the WiiM Mini, and play it. Deezer's API is completely open, doesn't need any auth for searches, so is quite simple to use with the WiiM. Again, with only a freebie Deezer account, I normally get low-rez, 30-second samples, no idea whether this will work correctly with a paid account. Oddly, a few of the tracks play full-length FLAC. Weird, but from what I've read in this thread, WiiM doesn't work great with Deezer yet.

Python:
import upnpclient
import requests
import json

########### CHANGE ME TO WiiM Mini's IP #############
IP='192.168.68.112'
#####################################################
description_url = f"http://{IP}:49152/description.xml"
dev = upnpclient.Device(description_url)

######### Get user info from WiiM Mini #########################
res = dev.PlayQueue.GetUserInfo(AccountSource="Deezer")["Result"]
info = json.loads(res)
Login_username = info["user_name"]
################################################################

query='miles davis kind of blue'
url=f'https://api.deezer.com/search?q={query}'
ret = requests.get(url).json()
albums = ret["data"]

album_id=albums[0]["album"]["id"]
title=albums[0]["album"]["title"]
list_name=title.replace('&','&')

xml = f'<?xml version="1.0"?> <PlayList> <ListName>{list_name}</ListName> <ListInfo> <SourceName>Deezer</SourceName> <SearchUrl>https://6049816327.airable.io/id/deezer/album/{album_id}</SearchUrl><Login_username>{Login_username}</Login_username> </ListInfo> <Tracks></Tracks> </PlayList>'

#### Stop the WiiM Mini
dev.AVTransport.Stop(InstanceID='0')

#### Populate the WiiM Queue
dev.PlayQueue.CreateQueue(QueueContext=xml)

#### Play
dev.PlayQueue.PlayQueueWithIndex(QueueName=list_name,Index=0)

escapist

Qobuz - Gapless via Aux Out?
I am considering purchasing some powered Edifier bookshelf monitors to use with my new Wiim (when it gets here)

Will I be able to stream Qobuz gapless via the aux out?

And should I use the Wiim's dac and the aux out, or use the Wiim's optical out and let the dac in the powered speakers handle it?

Either way, I'm getting a complete streaming setup for less than $250 which is pretty sweet!

MJC310

Question for those who purchased and are using more than one WiiM in their home. Can you switch between (2) in the IOS app? I have a dedicated office set up with speakers (toslink into Yamaha) and planning a DAC/Amp (SMSL C200) + headphone set up in another area.

SloPoke

Forum Donor
Question for those who purchased and are using more than one WiiM in their home. Can you switch between (2) in the IOS app? I have a dedicated office set up with speakers (toslink into Yamaha) and planning a DAC/Amp (SMSL C200) + headphone set up in another area.
Yes. The Wiim Home app for iOS has a Devices tab on bottom and on that page you can select which Wiim to contol (what it plays, settings, volume etc.). You can switch between Mini's.

Can also switch between Wiim Mini's just using Airplay (i.e., not using the Wiim app)

mediocrebutarrogant

Since I purchase topping E50 awhile back, I did not have time to connect on laptop till today to see what’s the hype on MQA. On tidal app, I turn on exclusive mode as well mqa pass through bypass so the the dac will do all the unfolding. My observation, using apps do the first unfolding then dac do the rendering against dac doing all the unfolding. There was distinct that I could hear clearly. Tidal app doing the first unfold the sound was not clear and a bit of haze. It’s like window with streak on it that you can’t quite see what’s outside. On dac doing all the unfolding it was clear that as if there was no window looking directly outside. Now, since I have both amazon hd and tidal hifi plus, they present music in my ear different ways. Again, this is my ear and your ear may hear different thing that I describe. Amazon present music like musician singing infront of you, some user call this in your face. Tidal is like amazon but with added reverb and decay that can be joyful. Everyone has its own preference and taste so in conclusion I am keeping them both.
I just love E50 doing full MQA unfold and it’s exactly as you describe

Smartplug

I just love E50 doing full MQA unfold and it’s exactly as you describe
I currently have MQA beta but as it’s stand right now, I don’t use it as it’s produce so much static and stuttering. Also, E50 does rendering on its optical but wiim only do first unfolding and doesn’t go higher than 88/96 so the rendering part on E50 is not utilized till wiim can make it happen.

mediocrebutarrogant

I currently have MQA beta but as it’s stand right now, I don’t use it as it’s produce so much static and stuttering. Also, E50 does rendering on its optical but wiim only do first unfolding and doesn’t go higher than 88/96 so the rendering part on E50 is not utilized till wiim can make it happen.
I use E50 ove USB with MQA passthrough. WiiM MQA beta is not working great I asked them to rollback

Smartplug

I use E50 ove USB with MQA passthrough. WiiM MQA beta is not working great I asked them to rollback
How do you control tidal on pc/laptop using your mobile? I surely like the sound of mqa but the inconvenient of getting up to change the laptop is annoying.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Did you use the "feedback" feature from inside WiiM Home app, and send your logs?

nerone

Evidently it works like Chromecast audio from Android via app. Usb Audio Player Pro connected to my Topping e30, goes up to 96

Music1969

Major Contributor
I did and the reply I got was set spdif to 24/48 or use the internal dac.
I assume this is only for a temporary solution to avoid stuttering. The whole point of MQA Core Decode is to output up to 96kHz

Did they acknowledge they can reproduce your issue? I haven't got the beta even though I requested a week ago.

I assume they won't release it to me until the stuttering bug is fixed , which is fine with me

Smartplug

Wiim got most amazon fix except the gapless on amazon cast. I have both services amazon and tidal. I hope they will get mqa core to work on dac renderer to get the unfolded complete.

Top Bottom