• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Music1969

Major Contributor
Are you guys seeing a issue on amazon bit rate which is inaccurate?
Not "inaccurate"

"Different" is better word.

I also have Apple Music and sometimes Apple, Qobuz, Tidal and Amazon have different same rates for same track/album

I used to care about which is the true digital master, but I don't care anymore

I do want to have the correct sample rate for each streaming service though which is why I love what WiiM have done with Amazon Music HD casting

morillon

Major Contributor
Well
I waited a bit to see how the latest firmware works..
personally I haven't gained anything with the new August firmwares... and lost the essentials...
if the efforts are still and always focused on amazone and tidal,
my deezer account keeps getting lost and i go back to lossless and have to disconnect reconnect
(I of course put down a "ticket")
am i alone?

any known way to revert to older firmwares?
ps
under ios can you empty "recently played"?
in July in my case seemed to be really the thing to achieve even if it may seem like a detail..
the rest worked pretty well.. explain my little sadness...

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Definitely no gapless. There is a half second gap between South Of Heaven and Silent Scream.
I can be wrong with my statement. First track is available on Amazon with 96kHz but second one is 192 kHz. I guess that gap on toslink is inevitable in such case.

Brantome

Major Contributor
I can be wrong with my statement. First track is available on Amazon with 96kHz but second one is 192 kHz. I guess that gap on toslink is inevitable in such case.
If you limit the spdif output to 24/96, does that help (not that you would want to do that or for that to be a solution)?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
If you limit the spdif output to 24/96, does that help (not that you would want to do that or for that to be a solution)?
No change, still gap as the effect of switching on toslink. But there is no such switch when source material has the same sample rate for both songs.
I think there is a bug and WiiM switches toslink sample rate based on song info regardless of spdif setting.

Brantome

Major Contributor
No change, still gap as the effect of switching on toslink. But there is no such switch when source material has the same sample rate for both songs.
I think there is a bug and WiiM switches toslink sample rate based on song info regardless of spdif setting.
if Spdif is set lower, then Amazon Music won’t (or shouldn’t) try and send the higher resolution, so the song info shouldn’t change. As you say, maybe there is a further bug wher WiiM is picking up the resolution from the original resolution rather than that which is actually being delivered.

telemike

Well
personally I haven't gained anything with the new August firmwares... and lost the essentials...
my deezer account keeps getting lost and i go back to lossless and have to disconnect reconnect
am i alone?

ps
in July in my case seemed to be really the thing to achieve even if it may seem like a detail..

Until things get fixed couldn't you use Airplay for Deezer?

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You could maybe raise a ticket and submit it as a feature request to be able to preset playlists from music servers
So I raised a ticket and they have now said they will add this feature on the 15th September release. Got to say, I haven't seen a team as responsive as this with their software / firmware changes, since the early days of the smartphone.

imral3

Good catch! Anyone know why some albums have mixed sample rates between tracks?

D

Deleted member 47859

Well
am i alone?

ps
You're not alone. Since you follow this thread you know that at least three other users complained about Deezer integration and WiiM even confirmed the issues (fix planned for end of September).

Bamyasi

if Spdif is set lower, then Amazon Music won’t (or shouldn’t) try and send the higher resolution, so the song info shouldn’t change. As you say, maybe there is a further bug wher WiiM is picking up the resolution from the original resolution rather than that which is actually being delivered.
Last time I tested this Amazon was sending native HiRes version of the track to the playback device which would then be downsampled (or upsampled) in the AMHD app on the device itself. No idea how the API version which WiiM uses works but it might actually do the same.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I only have the freebie Deezer subscription, but it works quite nicely to the WiiM from LMS (piCorePlayer) via UPnP. Simple to install and configure.

I was amazed to discover that Deezer appears to use the same album/track IDs as Tidal! Playing Deezer to the WiiM, while monitoring with my WiiM UI, which queries Tidal for reviews and bios, which are totally in sync! (The bitrate isn't correct, I default to 128k when it's not provided). I may have to play with the Deezer API, which is very open and available, unlike that of most other services.

1661871384294.png

Merifon

You're not alone. Since you follow this thread you know that at least three other users complained about Deezer integration and WiiM even confirmed the issues (fix planned for end of September).
some time ago, I asked the deezer support if they could please insert the wiim among the supported devices, it could be a valid alternative to my current Tidal HiFi, with android auto it works better also and does not suffer from MQAache...
Now I don't remember their answer, I think a generic "maybe in the future".

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Oops, looks like Deezer skips and stops on LMS, as well. Sounds like a Deezer issue, not a WiiM issue. Perhaps both are using an outdated Deezer API?

morillon

Major Contributor
but in July I was rather satisfied...
deezer and home application do not see the wiim...
but wiim home allowed me very correctly to have access to most of my needs in deezer hifi flac, where, and it is very well known, the deezer app even poses problems to pass the "hifi" even with a chromecast while planned for the "cast".
explain my interest for, in the meantime can be the end of September, return to a July firmware etc.
???
using the wiim just for the radios would be a little sad..d as much as in this case the old little chromecast (and its much lower jitter) had been quite sufficient in toslink or not...

Last edited:
Top Bottom