• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

morillon

Major Contributor
no qoobuz or deezer...yet two non-negligible actors ol seems to me..
sad...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-091007_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-091007_WiiM Home.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 86

Raver

Thanks - not bad for a beta tbh, kinda light on features but responsive :)
Looks lacking almost every feature that the phone and tablet apps have. Really it just shows the devices and what is playing on them. There is no search option for music services, no multiroom capability, seems there is a lot of work needed here.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Looks lacking almost every feature that the phone and tablet apps have. Really it just shows the devices and what is playing on them. There is no search option for music services, no multiroom capability, seems there is a lot of work needed here.
Well it is v0.1.2…
At least it’s a start and even as it stands, useful for me when I’m sitting at the PC and can see the track details and skip/pause etc. Plus I like the hierarchic display it has for upnp services. A promising start I’d say

ccristal

Well it is v0.1.2…
At least it’s a start and even as it stands, useful for me when I’m sitting at the PC and can see the track details and skip/pause etc. Plus I like the hierarchic display it has for upnp services. A promising start I’d say
I use the Android app on Windows 11, running under Android Subsystem for Windows. It works like a charm... :)

Brantome

Major Contributor
I use the Android app on Windows 11, running under Android Subsystem for Windows. It works like a charm... :)
Yeah, I’ve suggested that a few times, here and elsewhere, but a native app is useful too

Brantome

Major Contributor
Either you mean the Wiim Pro, or I'm a complete idiot, because I can't find it...
This was mentioned a while ago in their roadmap, but not sure if they implemented it:

”Preset function - Double-click play/pause on WiiM Mini device to play preset music services, playlists, radio stations without using the app.”

Raver

Well it is v0.1.2…
Considering they said it is coming at the end of the month I would have expected a more fully featured implementation with bugs included. The way it is they cannot let that out of beta.

DantonIzzo

I want to use presets with Amazon Music. How do I do that? Is this function limited only to Spotify?

Brantome

Major Contributor
I want to use presets with Amazon Music. How do I do that? Is this function limited only to Spotify?
Select what you want to play, say a playlist, station or whatever, then start playing it. On the now playing screen, just under the progress bar, choose the three dot menu then select preset. That’ll take you to the preset screen where you can choose or overwrite a slot.

DantonIzzo

Select what you want to play, say a playlist, station or whatever, then start playing it. On the now playing screen, just under the progress bar, choose the three dot menu then select preset. That’ll take you to the preset screen where you can choose or overwrite a slot.
Thanks!

ccristal

This was mentioned a while ago in their roadmap, but not sure if they implemented it:

”Preset function - Double-click play/pause on WiiM Mini device to play preset music services, playlists, radio stations without using the app.”

They never did. Or if they did, it doesn't work.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Httapi brings me plenty of instability issues so far... The only way to get control back is to plug off the power.

DantonIzzo

Another question for you. How do you add an entire album? When I did it, it only added the song that was playing.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Httapi brings me plenty of instability issues so far... The only way to get control back is to plug off the power.
I only played with it briefly, pretty limited. The UPnP interface has been rock solid. I just wish there was a way to populate an entire queue, vs one track at a time...

WiiM Support

Hello, can you please send us a feedback with WiiM App so we can know what's going wrong in your use case and fix it? Thanks.

WiiM Support

I only played with it briefly, pretty limited. The UPnP interface has been rock solid. I just wish there was a way to populate an entire queue, vs one track at a time...
Hello Ralph, the current queue UX is subpar and we're improving the queue actions such as adding by the playlist/album etc, editing, saving it as a playlist or moving the track in the queue. The first improvement should be released around late sept. Please stay tuned!

Top Bottom