• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Well done - as I mentioned, changing your region to USA, for example, is how Alexa users in the UK often switch to be able to access USA features, but the crucial thing after doing that (which I forgot to mention) was to log out of the Alexa app and back in so it redirects it to the USA Alexa. You’ve more or less done the same/reverse to access Uk Alexa.

Enjoy :)
I've found out that for countries like United Kingdom, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, and Sweden, music subscription is being operated by Amazon Digital UK, which provides 2 marketplaces: amazon.co.uk and music.amazon.com. Unfortunately the same time Polish default marketplace for Alexa is amazon.com. The Music app requires that Polish music subscribers have their Alexa devices maintained by amazon.co.uk which is not possible if Poland is selected as a current contry region.

Thanks a lot for your support and inspirations.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Anyone else get taken off the beta with the latest update? I just got home from vacation and when I launched the WIIM app I was greeted with a notice of the updated firmware (4.6.426049) - I was previously on the latest beta (4.6.424953) and digging the gapless playback for Amazon Music HD/UHD within the WiiM Home app. Now that's not there any longer. Not sure if there are any other differences or why I got "upgraded", and am curious if this happened to anyone else...
Yeah, me too. I thought it might have been since I asked about the absence of Calm Radio on the beta. Might ask them about that. I know that they were thinking about dropping the whitelist, but I had agreed to continue to be a beta tester for gapless playback etc.

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Yeah, me too. I thought it might have been since I asked about the absence of Calm Radio on tne beta. Might ask them about that. I know that they were thinking about dropping the whitelist, but I had agreed to continue to be a beta tester for gapless playback etc.
Maybe they are going to provide a special build for gapless testers again but based on the current build. It requires some time for merge and cherry picking.

Smitty2k1

After today's update I've been having all kinds of problems with my Wiim/PiCorePlayer/LMS using the UnPNP/DNLA bridge plugin. Lots of having to restart the hardware to get control back.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Amazon search within Wiim app works now. I did not see any update either app or firmware.

meszrum

I've found out that for countries like United Kingdom, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, and Sweden, music subscription is being operated by Amazon Digital UK, which provides 2 marketplaces: amazon.co.uk and music.amazon.com. Unfortunately the same time Polish default marketplace for Alexa is amazon.com. The Music app requires that Polish music subscribers have their Alexa devices maintained by amazon.co.uk which is not possible if Poland is selected as a current contry region.

Thanks a lot for your support and inspirations.
Well... you nailed it big time.
I have really no words of praise for your inquisitiveness and creativity.
Thank you.
...it is working now, of course.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220816-122741_Amazon Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20220816-122741_Amazon Music.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 78

Witterings

Is anybody else finding you can't cast to multiroom from the Amazon App and it just doesn't play?

Witterings

Try logging out of Alexa in the wiim app and back in again.

I logged out of absolutey everything, I have 3 WiiM's and made sure I'd logged out of each of them, I also logged out of both Alexa and Amazon Music on the tablet I was using.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not bothering with streamers and their hit-and-miss DRM and limitations (especially since I don't subscribe to any paid internet music), when I can just use simple BT+LDAC or remote screen control on another far more flexible device to a USB DAC.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not bothering with streamers and their hit-and-miss DRM and limitations (especially since I don't subscribe to any paid internet music), when I can just use simple BT+LDAC or remote screen control on another far more flexible device to a USB DAC.
How do you listen to music?

telemike

(especially since I don't subscribe to any paid internet music
Them the Wiim is not something you would have a use for. Those of us who do susbscribe to a streaming service do need a Streamer and the Wiim is winner at it's price point and a much better value than a Bluesound Node

mediocrebutarrogant

So in my set up Spotify/Apple Music —>WiiM—>Bluetooth output —> BL Speaker, works fine. But the TWS ( true wireless stereo) between the two speakers does not work. I have repaired etc but no dice. BL Speakers work fine with iPhone/ iPad BL streamed directly to them.
Whole thing is odd as I thought the TWS codex has only one speaker getting the stream from a BL transmitter which then links to the other speaker, but this does not work when receiving from WiiM as opposed to any other device.
Have opened a ticket.
I can confirm this is working now

Turambar

Then, it's possible to get content from the 3.5mm analog input, and use the Wiim as Bluetooth transmitter to a BT headphone?

Top Bottom