• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Brantome

Major Contributor
this announcement seems to mark an important turning point for the future of wiim follow-ups...
certainly thinks he has done the essential....
I hope they will keep some resources to continue to clean the little-means bugs concerning the wiim mini etc....
I don’t see it as necessarily negative for owners of the Mini as I would imagine the next generation product to be built on or use large chunks of the current firmware code base, and as such fixes or enhancements might apply to both models.

Based on what WiiM have done so far, I can imagine quite a few people here will already have their hands in their pockets ready to buy the next generation model…

morillon

Major Contributor
I don’t see it as necessarily negative for owners of the Mini as I would imagine the next generation product to be built on or use large chunks of the current firmware code base, and as such fixes or enhancements might apply to both models.

Based on what WiiM have done so far, I can imagine quite a few people here will already have their hands in their pockets ready to buy the next generation model…
my point was not so negative...
probably that they will be able to integrate in wiim mini "bricks" coming from their developments for their next products, in particular I imagine side wiim home...
;-)

onlyoneme

Major Contributor

That's an open question if they will really implement new features also for current Mini after the next gen release. There was an predecessor of Mini called Muzo Cobblestone completely abandoned I'm afraid...

DerRoland

D92998D1-8372-4D60-88DE-539782877189.jpeg

Firmware still 4.6.424434, new ios app 2.1.0 (manual update via App Store) bring 10 band custom graphic equalizer, very cool, now I can see the differences between all fix eq’s and set my own custom curve. Further I enjoy now gapless play in amazon ultra hd :).

Edit: sorry, now only clickless between songs with amazon uhd, still gaps, e.g. in Pink Floyds Dark side of the moon.

Last edited:

Turambar

Count me in

Turambar

That's an open question if they will really implement new features also for current Mini after the next gen release. There was an predecessor of Mini called Muzo Cobblestone completely abandoned I'm afraid...
I own since January 2020 or so an Arylic S10, also a kind of predecessor of Mini with less functionality, and they have been updating and the former application 4STREAM until a few months ago. So, probably, sooner or later Mini development will be frozen, but I guess this is still very much in the future.

morillon

Major Contributor
it is on the firmware side that we must hope that they continue to develop to solidify.. and in particular to settle the gapless aspects...
after the wiim home app seems to be a generic "linkplay" app.. no doubt it will continue to be debugged, enriched, etc.
well I think
it's already a great story this little wiim mini at 89 dollars
;-)

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah - interesting response from WiiM re PEQ: “We still plan to develop parametric equalizer but now we need focus our resource to our next generation product first.”

Wonder when that will hit the streets…
Could it be wiim mini pro is on its way?

Brantome

Major Contributor

morillon

Major Contributor
spdif, ethernet, probablement better internal dac, less jitter (hihi)..*
and
zou
for few 10ene dollars more
(
"pro"....what can a small "pro" streamer be?
;-) )
(* do you need really spdif? of ethernet? lower jitter? better internal dac?
that s the question...
;-)) )

Last edited:

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I asked above if anyone can see it as I can’t, but maybe it’s because I’m on the beta firmware. Are you on the beta or the latest public firmware?
Latest public with 4434 firmware with latest wiim app 2.10. It mention on wiim app about it.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Latest public with 4434 firmware with latest wiim app 2.10. It mention on wiim app about it.
Looks like a bug then in the app release as neither the beta nor public firmware can see it. I’ve raised a ticket with WiiM

Green7

Looks like a bug then in the app release as neither the beta nor public firmware can see it. I’ve raised a ticket with WiiM
I can see Calm Radio on my Wiim Home app. Probably because my device updated to new firmware 4.6.426049.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-080724_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220813-080724_WiiM Home.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom