• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

rgpit

Forum Donor
Anyone know if you can run Squeezelite app on the Wii mini?

kepatron

Must be some kind of glitch because if I power down the unit and leave it unplugged for X period of time then power it back up I get sound from both speakers, the moment I go into the set up ui for spdif and play the test track, it drops off one speaker and I cant get it back.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Must be some kind of glitch because if I power down the unit and leave it unplugged for X period of time then power it back up I get sound from both speakers, the moment I go into the set up ui for spdif and play the test track, it drops off one speaker and I cant get it back.
Are you working up through the bit and sample rates 16/48 to see which it fails at first?

morillon

Major Contributor
e
I think he's trying to see if your wording may have upset them in any way ... there was a post ages back that said if you're seen as a problem client / person with developers you'll go to the bottom of the pile.
It wasn't relating specifically to WiiM ... it was a general comment about how developers prioritise what they resolve and the ones that upset them get the least attention .. the alternate reason he asked is simply to see if what you were asking for was unclear.

I'm not for one second suggested you did either but maybe that was why he was asking?????

Cela mis à part, je déteste le dire, mais il semble qu'ils essaient de classer Amazon en haut de la liste, si j'étais eux, je ferais la même chose car il a une plus grande base d'utilisateurs, ce qui signifie qu'ils vendront plus produits à un public plus large, mais j'espère que ces revenus les aideront également à financer leur développement et à résoudre les problèmes avec les services de streaming les moins utilisés.

Personnellement, j'utilise Amazon, donc je suis heureux qu'ils essaient de résoudre ce premier problème, mais s'il était inversé, je serais tombé comme vous, si j'étais dans votre situation, vous avez plusieurs choix.

1/ Passer à Amazon
2/ Attendez votre temps en espérant qu'ils résolvent les problèmes avec les services de streaming moins abonnés dans un délai raisonnable
3/ Je ne sais pas quand vous l'avez acheté, mais s'il ne fonctionne pas comme décrit, je pense que votre fenêtre de retour est prolongée car ce n'est pas "Fit for purpose"
4/ Depending where you're based a while back they were out of stock in the UK, I figured I could probably sell my units 2nd hand for more than I payed for them .... at that time

Be interested to hear what you do.

It‘s a system based on Raspberry Pis and LMS.
do you have the latest firmware and latest wiim home?
tested?
they made a real effort on this last firmware concerning deezer.... which was put aside until now...
(with my phone android, for my modest use "deezer flac", become rather sufficient ...)

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
Yea it fails after 24/48, then one speaker drops off (after I go back to 24/48) and it is a real flaff to get it back.
I’d submit a ticket to WiiM thru the app so they can inspect the mini’s log to see if it’s a problem at their end. I’d also contact Edifier’s support to see if they’ve come across a similar issue before.
Stepping back a few comments, when you say you had the speakers working with a fire tv stick, how ere they connected as it doesn’t put have a spdif connection, just hdmi? Was it via a TV or amp, and did it provide full 24/192 support over spdif?

kepatron

I’d submit a ticket to WiiM thru the app so they can inspect the mini’s log to see if it’s a problem at their end. I’d also contact Edifier’s support to see if they’ve come across a similar issue before.
Stepping back a few comments, when you say you had the speakers working with a fire tv stick, how ere they connected as it doesn’t put have a spdif connection, just hdmi? Was it via a TV or amp, and did it provide full 24/192 support over spdif?
The firestick went into an hdmi spliter which separates the audio and has an optical out. So had an optical from the splitter straight to the speakers which supported 24/192. The edifier manual lists the optical in as supporting pcm upto 24/192 and the app on the firestick reported this level. FWIW dont bother ever doing this as the app on FS is trash from a usability standpoint, for example you could select to shuffle a playlist and it would play the exact same songs every single time, loads of little issues like this. I have submitted a ticket.

DTTOM37

Hi, I just bought this streamer to use with my sons active speakers Edifier 3000SPro and via the spdif I cant get higher than default 16/48 and the sound only plays through the left speaker, which is weird because the wiim is cabled to the right speaker (which has the DAC in it). The speakers connect to each wirelessly, so the parent speaker is obviously doing all the processing then passing off some signal to the left speaker but is not making any sound itself. The speakers support up to 24/192 through the optical input.

Wondered if any one else had had this issue or probable faulty unit/compatibility issue?
Afaik the 3000pro uses Kleernet wireless connection. As this is the only connection between the left & right speaker, you are bound to the bandwith of that technology, which is tmk around 16/48 at best.
Which means the DAC unit may receive up to 24/192 from digital inputs, but there is certainly a need to downsample the signal to Kleernet bandwith, though it can't transfer that incoming Hi-Res quality to the left speaker.
A wireless bottleneck ...
edit: Typos

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Afaik the 3000pro uses Kleernet wireless connection. As this is the only connection between the left & right speaker, you are bound to the bandwith of that technology, which is tmk around 16/48 at best.
Which means the DAC unit may receive up to 24/192 from digital inputs, but there is certainly a need to downsample the signal to Kleernet bandwith, though it can't transfer that incoming Hi-Res quality to the left speaker.
A wireless bottleneck ...
edit: Typos

S3000Pro has DWHP83 module onboard, which has a bit better parameters.

1658385402867.png

DTTOM37

S3000Pro has DWHP83 module onboard, which has a bit better parameters.

View attachment 219455
Thank you for your contribution.

According to FCCID.io , both, the E3000pro and the A300pro of Airpulse use this module.

According to the Edifier vk.ru channel (https://vk.com/@edifierrus-sravnenie-airpulse-a300-i-airpulse-a300-pro)
and the A300/A300pro comparison the "KleerNet wireless technology, which operates in the 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands and is capable of transmitting 16-bit / 44.1 kHz audio"

I didn't check further, but I remember that I have read somewhere that the module does 16/96 and/or 24/48, but I can't confirm if I remember the details 100% correctly.
Nonetheless, the bottleneck is the Kleernet technology, which allows you the comfortable use of CD-quality wireless connectivity, just forget about Hi-Res.
I even don't know how did they receive the Hi-Res certification for both speakers with a engineering bug like this???

On another page, theAirpulse A300 pro in balanced mode and feed by a balanced DAC is - in my ears - an excellent speaker, just a bit overpriced at the moment..
Would love to see measurements of the unit here. I use them with Soncoz LAQXD1 and WIIM mini. And no, can't send them to Amir (France).
Cheers, Tom

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Thank you for your contribution.

According to FCCID.io , both, the E3000pro and the A300pro of Airpulse use this module.

According to the Edifier vk.ru channel (https://vk.com/@edifierrus-sravnenie-airpulse-a300-i-airpulse-a300-pro)
and the A300/A300pro comparison the "KleerNet wireless technology, which operates in the 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands and is capable of transmitting 16-bit / 44.1 kHz audio"

I didn't check further, but I remember that I have read somewhere that the module does 16/96 and/or 24/48, but I can't confirm if I remember the details 100% correctly.
Nonetheless, the bottleneck is the Kleernet technology, which allows you the comfortable use of CD-quality wireless connectivity, just forget about Hi-Res.
I even don't know how did they receive the Hi-Res certification for both speakers with a engineering bug like this???

On another page, theAirpulse A300 pro in balanced mode and feed by a balanced DAC is - in my ears - an excellent speaker, just a bit overpriced at the moment..
Would love to see measurements of the unit here. I use them with Soncoz LAQXD1 and WIIM mini. And no, can't send them to Amir (France).
Cheers, Tom
That module is based on DARR83 chip, which is advertised as able to transmit stereo 24/96 audio. 24/96 is enough for Hi-Res certificate.
You can find statements on 24/96 audio transmission regarding of A300Pro as well:

"In wireless mode, the primary speaker uses KleerNet technology to send digital audio wirelessly to the secondary speaker at 24/96 resolution. The primary speaker plays the right channel and the secondary speaker plays the left channel—this designation cannot be changed."

It's possible however that those parameters are not easy to be achieved in a real life.

Last edited:

DTTOM37

That module is based on DARR83 chip, which is advertised as able to transmit stereo 24/96 audio. 24/96 is enough for Hi-Res certificate.
In my book, I would love to support your assumption on the basis of the tec specs of Kleernet.
However, I haven't found any review or manufacturer specifications (Edifier/Airpulse), that would allow/underline the assumption of of 24/96 wireless transfer rate with the Kleernet modules. The one info that deals with effective rates, is the VK link I have posted before
Looks like the the certfication process is somehow flawed, if that's the reality.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
In my book, I would love to support your assumption on the basis of the tec specs of Kleernet.
However, I haven't found any review or manufacturer specifications (Edifier/Airpulse), that would allow/underline the assumption of of 24/96 wireless transfer rate with the Kleernet modules. The one info that deals with effective rates, is the VK link I have posted before
Looks like the the certfication process is somehow flawed, if that's the reality.
I can imagine that hardware is capable of that and such settings have been enabled during certification process. And it has been limited in mass production due to instability/issues/whatever else.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Is is just me who feels that WiiM is losing its momentum? I'm still on 243 beta.
Hate to agree - I’m still on that beta too despite being promised over two weeks ago that I’d get an update later that day for the radio (vTuner, network stream etc) issue that was introduced in 243. From their record to date, we’re overdue a firmware and app update - looks like they’re not keeping to the roadmap

Last edited:
Top Bottom