• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Music1969

Major Contributor
WiiM are already testing gapless Amazon Music HD inside Wiim Home app.

They hope to release it in 1-2 months.

They will then start work on gapless casting after that.

Sounds like a good plan to me !

telemike

6e5ab25a74e61809a967920afd1d48d7--spoiled-children-my-children.jpg

D

Deleted member 47859

What were your tickets? Could you copy and paste the exact wording here?
One was about several issues with Deezer Admins of these are known and the other one contained 2 feature requests. I‘m not sure why you need the exact wording.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One was about several issues with Deezer Admins of these are known and the other one contained 2 feature requests. I‘m not sure why you need the exact wording.
I get an answer within a day sometimes just 2 hours I get feedback.

D

Deleted member 47859

I get an answer within a day sometimes just 2 hours I get feedback.
I‘m happy for you. But that does not fix any of the issues related to Deezer which I reported back in April or May. In contrast to Amazon Music Deezer was advertised when I ordered my Minis. I‘m happy for everyone who is satisfied - I should have returned my devices when I had the chance.

Witterings

I think he's trying to see if your wording may have upset them in any way ... there was a post ages back that said if you're seen as a problem client / person with developers you'll go to the bottom of the pile.
It wasn't relating specifically to WiiM ... it was a general comment about how developers prioritise what they resolve and the ones that upset them get the least attention .. the alternate reason he asked is simply to see if what you were asking for was unclear.

I'm not for one second suggested you did either but maybe that was why he was asking?????

That aside, I hate to say it but it seems like they're trying to get amazon sorted as top of the list, if I were them I'd do the same as it has a bigger user base which means they'll sell more products to a wider audience but hopefully that income will also help them fund developing it and ironing out issues with the lesser used streaming services.

Persoanlly I'm using Amazon so I'm happy they're trying to resolve that 1st but if it was reversed I'de fell like you do, if I were in your situation you have a few choices.

1/ Switch to Amazon
2/ Bide your time hoping they resolve issues with lesser subscribed streaming services within a reasonable timescale
3/ Not sure when you bought it, but if it doesn't perform as described I believe your return window gets extended as it's not "Fit for purpose"
4/ Depending where you're based a while back they were out of stock in the UK, I figured I could probably sell my units 2nd hand for more than I payed for them .... at that time

Be interested to hear what you do.

morillon

Major Contributor
I‘m happy for you. But that does not fix any of the issues related to Deezer which I reported back in April or May. In contrast to Amazon Music Deezer was advertised when I ordered my Minis. I‘m happy for everyone who is satisfied - I should have returned my devices when I had the chance.
you had a better solution with deezer? guaranteeing the flac of the "hifi" subscription...?
a solution via the deezer app on android? hardware?

D

Deleted member 47859

I think he's trying to see if your wording may have upset them in any way ... there was a post ages back that said if you're seen as a problem client / person with developers you'll go to the bottom of the pile.
It wasn't relating specifically to WiiM ... it was a general comment about how developers prioritise what they resolve and the ones that upset them get the least attention .. the alternate reason he asked is simply to see if what you were asking for was unclear.

I'm not for one second suggested you did either but maybe that was why he was asking?????

That aside, I hate to say it but it seems like they're trying to get amazon sorted as top of the list, if I were them I'd do the same as it has a bigger user base which means they'll sell more products to a wider audience but hopefully that income will also help them fund developing it and ironing out issues with the lesser used streaming services.

Persoanlly I'm using Amazon so I'm happy they're trying to resolve that 1st but if it was reversed I'de fell like you do, if I were in your situation you have a few choices.

1/ Switch to Amazon
2/ Bide your time hoping they resolve issues with lesser subscribed streaming services within a reasonable timescale
3/ Not sure when you bought it, but if it doesn't perform as described I believe your return window gets extended as it's not "Fit for purpose"
4/ Depending where you're based a while back they were out of stock in the UK, I figured I could probably sell my units 2nd hand for more than I payed for them .... at that time

Be interested to hear what you do.
I don‘t think I gave anyone any reason to put me at the end of the pile. You can find my post on their forums here - which has been posted weeks after getting no response to my tickets.

1 is no option for me. I like to avoid Amazon if possible and support more „local“ services. And for me their music streaming service lacks some features others offer.
2 is what I‘m doing atm. My Wiims are in my desk waiting for fixes, LMS is doing the job just fine. If there‘s no fix with the next updates I‘ll go with 3 or 4.

D

Deleted member 47859

you had a better solution with deezer? guaranteeing the flac of the "hifi" subscription...?
a solution via the deezer app on android? hardware?
It‘s a system based on Raspberry Pis and LMS.

kepatron

Hi, I just bought this streamer to use with my sons active speakers Edifier 3000SPro and via the spdif I cant get higher than default 16/48 and the sound only plays through the left speaker, which is weird because the wiim is cabled to the right speaker (which has the DAC in it). The speakers connect to each wirelessly, so the parent speaker is obviously doing all the processing then passing off some signal to the left speaker but is not making any sound itself. The speakers support up to 24/192 through the optical input.

Wondered if any one else had had this issue or probable faulty unit/compatibility issue?

Music1969

Major Contributor
For Roon users, you could use RoPieeXL's new UPnP Bridge (on RPi4) and play from Roon to any UPnP Renderer.

Technically this lets you play from Roon to WiiM Mini and even to AVR for example.

I haven't tried myself yet but will

Brantome

Major Contributor
Hi, I just bought this streamer to use with my sons active speakers Edifier 3000SPro and via the spdif I cant get higher than default 16/48 and the sound only plays through the left speaker, which is weird because the wiim is cabled to the right speaker (which has the DAC in it). The speakers connect to each wirelessly, so the parent speaker is obviously doing all the processing then passing off some signal to the left speaker but is not making any sound itself. The speakers support up to 24/192 through the optical input.

Wondered if any one else had had this issue or probable faulty unit/compatibility issue?
Have you set the spdif output resolution under audio settings in the Wiim app? What music service are you trying to play?

kepatron

Have you set the spdif output resolution under audio settings in the Wiim app? What music service are you trying to play?
Yes, it wont resolve a test signal when changing the output, I have tried both amazon and deezer, they both play fine through the aux but will only do one speaker via the spdif. If I keep the settings at 24/192 there is no sound. If I keep it a default I get one speaker, not really a win.

Edit: I have also tried 3 different cables.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Yes, it wont resolve a test signal when changing the output, I have tried both amazon and deezer, they both play fine through the aux but will only do one speaker via the spdif. If I keep the settings at 24/192 there is no sound. If I keep it a default I get one speaker, not really a win.

Edit: I have also tried 3 different cables.
Tbh, sounds like an issue with the speaker if you can’t get the WiiM app to play a test signal at the resolution you want, and if it only plays one channel when connected over SPDIF which, after all, is only sending one digital signal for the external speaker DAC to resolve into left/right channels.

Also, from a quick Google, I can’t see any spec for its SPDIF input, plus not a lot on how it transfers the sound to the other speaker other than a reference to Kleer wireless technology that again I can’t see anything to suggest it suuports anything better than 16/44.1

Dpaulyn

Has this been discussed/resolved?

Files on my NAS named:

01-Some track name.FLAC
02-Another track name.FLAC
03-Further track name.FLAC
04-Track name.FLAC

WiiM ignores numbering. Plays alphabetical order:

01-Some track name.FLAC
04-Track name.FLAC

Results in unusable disordered album playback.

My Sonos Connect plays files properly in numbered order.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you.

kepatron

Tbh, sounds like an issue with the speaker if you can’t get the WiiM app to play a test signal at the resolution you want, and if it only plays one channel when connected over SPDIF which, after all, is only sending one digital signal for the external speaker DAC to resolve into left/right channels.

Also, from a quick Google, I can’t see any spec for its SPDIF input, plus not a lot on how it transfers the sound to the other speaker other than a reference to Kleer wireless technology that again I can’t see anything to suggest it suuports anything better than 16/44.1
Manual for the speaker clearly states 24/192 over optical and I have had 24/192 playing through them from an amazon fire stick, but hate that solution because the amazon app on firestick is utter hot trash.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Has this been discussed/resolved?

Files on my NAS named:

01-Some track name.FLAC
04-Track name.FLAC

WiiM ignores numbering. Plays alphabetical order:

01-Some track name.FLAC
04-Track name.FLAC

Results in unusable disordered album playback.

My Sonos Connect plays files properly in numbered order.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you.

Maybe it’s sorting them by their tags rather than file name? Can’t say I’ve noticed that

Dpaulyn

Regarding numbered files being played in alphabetical order, I did find a work around:

I copied folders from NAS to PC drive; streamed DLNA to WiiM from there. Files now play properly In assigned numbered order.

Top Bottom