• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

telemike

Yes. Same here. This info is only availible, when not casting but playing directly via the wiim app.

Shows on IOS in Wiim app while casting from Amazon app

PNG image 2.png
PNG image 3.png

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I’m curious about the upcoming eq that adjust bass, mid, and treble. It also has 10 parametric eq. Now, if you want to get flat response what software do you need so you can adjust the parametric eq to adjust peak/dip?

fquails

One of my three Wiims just upgraded firmware to 4.6.421455. But I can’t find info about what the update was for. And my other two Wiims did not update.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One of my three Wiims just upgraded firmware to 4.6.421455. But I can’t find info about what the update was for. And my other two Wiims did not update.
What was your firmware before update?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Quite possibly this. They generally don't do release notes until the update is done everywhere.

1656558579602.png

Merifon

I found a funny thing with global search: in a still not determined condition or at least randomly, Deezer plays selection in complete and uncompressed way, despite I haven't plus subscription.
In those cases, the badge "FLAC" appears alongside Deezer's logo and the sound is undoubtedly better than 160kb mp3 of free version...

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I’m curious about the upcoming eq that adjust bass, mid, and treble. It also has 10 parametric eq. Now, if you want to get flat response what software do you need so you can adjust the parametric eq to adjust peak/dip?
If you're talking about correcting issues with the speakers most of the measurement threads have suggested PEQ settings from amirm in the review, and a couple of others a few posts further down the thread. There's also https://pierreaubert.github.io/spinorama/eqs.html which pulls together measurements and EQ from several sources.

If your speakers haven't been measured then you'll need something like REW and a measurement mic to measure yourself - the UMIK1 is often recommended. If you're talking about room correction then you'll also need REW and a measurement mic. There are some tutorial threads that might help.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ents-spinoramas-with-rew-and-vituixcad.21860/
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...om-measurement-tutorial-for-dummies-part-1.4/
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...om-measurement-tutorial-for-dummies-part-2.5/

morillon

Major Contributor
will be funny, for those with multiple wiim: following a "factory software correction" on the microphone side, integrate even a modest function (10-12 eq with Q), of correction thanks to a measurement with a second wiim at the point of listening or just at 1m - left right .. .
a bit like the delay calculations integrated into the app wiim etc
;-)

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
it's not just "amazon".. and tidal....

there are little things to settle at deezer .....
but I also imagine with qobuz and spotify...
;-)

morillon

Major Contributor
to see all the energies on amazon and tidal..,
I admit that I didn't dare recommend it to my friends often in qobuz (especially in my case in deezer and it's not quite finalized yet)
thank you
;-)

Top Bottom