• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Mgrey

Has anyone who had not requested to be in the Beta group received the new firmware?

imral3

Has anyone who had not requested to be in the Beta group received the new firmware?
I have not received it. I also requested to be included in beta and was not acknowledged. This was a disappointment as AMHD is my ONLY (99.9%) source of music. Sad me. :(

Rocky123

Hi, I have been upgraded to Firmware 439 as you can see from the attached picture.
I asked wiim three weeks ago after it was mentioned here, to be added to their beta user group, they told me they will add me in the future, but until now the corresponding ticket in their support system hasn`t been updated.
So I don`t know if I am on the beta list or not.

At least I can say I still can´t get AM in UHD, which is a pity :-(
I am desperately looking forward getting it.

Attachments

• Wiim.jpg
    Wiim.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 84
  • no Ultra.jpg
    no Ultra.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 85

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi, I have been upgraded to Firmware 439 as you can see from the attached picture.
I asked wiim three weeks ago after it was mentioned here, to be added to their beta user group, they told me they will add me in the future, but until now the corresponding ticket in their support system hasn`t been updated.
So I don`t know if I am on the beta list or not.

At least I can say I still can´t get AM in UHD, which is a pity :-(
I am desperately looking forward getting it.
Yours has higher version than I have. When did you get that update? There’s a toggle switch inside wiim on amazon that you need to activate. It’s a gear icon.

Rocky123

Yours has higher version than I have. When did you get that update? There’s a toggle switch inside wiim on amazon that you need to activate. It’s a gear icon.

Thanks for your feedback Smartplug,
I would say I got it today.

I looked into the amazon music settings tab and found the icon. But a pity, it didn´t help.
I then signed out of amazon and signed in again. The ULTRA HD Icon is switched on, but no Ultra HD for the before-mentioned song.

My Audio settings are on 192/24 , Fixed Volume Level

I tried it again with "Coldplay, In My Place" which definitively should be 192/24, but no luck.

Attachments

• no Ultra2.jpg
    no Ultra2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Coldplay.JPG
    Coldplay.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 72
  • uhd..JPG
    uhd..JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Coldplay_wii,.JPG
    Coldplay_wii,.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Smartplug

I looked into the amazon music settings tab and found the icon. But a pity, it didn´t help.
I then signed out of amazon and signed in again. The ULTRA HD Icon is switched on, but no Ultra HD for the before-mentioned song.

I tried it again with "Coldplay, In My Place" which definitively should be 192/24, but no luck.
Try sign in on Alexa within wiim apps then play Amazon native apps and see if you can cast it and if you have external dac that shows sampling frequency.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

Did you sign out/into Alexa inside the WiiM app?

Rocky123

Thanks Ralph for the hint. I haven´t been connected to Alexa yet. So I did.
But no luck , my default device name is "Rocky`s Wiim Mini" so most probably I´m not on the beta list.
Reversal conclusion, everybody should be able to get 439 then, maybe with the help of resetting the device.

Smartplug

Thanks Ralph for the hint. I haven´t been connected to Alexa yet. So I did.
But no luck , my default device name is "Rocky`s Wiim Mini" so most probably I´m not on the beta list.
Reversal conclusion, everybody should be able to get 439 then, maybe with the help of resetting the device.
If you don’t see beta, send message to wiim within the apps. I keep sending them message in almost daily basis and now I got it like some of us. I stop sending them messages till I notice a bug.

Smartplug

For very long time, my amp was connected to power surge with built in power conditioner. Today, I plug it directly in wall outlet. What a freaking difference!! The music sound realistic.

Smartplug

Was your apps was also updated to latest version? 2.0.1 is the latest.

Smartplug

Something weird happen, I was listening to music then my music stop and wiim updates but when I look I still got 352 firmware but I don’t have the hd badge on wiim apps. Did you guys experience this?

Merifon

Something weird happen, I was listening to music then my music stop and wiim updates but when I look I still got 352 firmware but I don’t have the hd badge on wiim apps. Did you guys experience this?
Yes, me too today see #1,951

Top Bottom