• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I suspect many users have amps that don’t have usb input…
Do you still have firmware 427? I had official firmware 429 till today it went to 427. Tidal master still work and of course Amazon hd beta firmware. Alexa shows UHD unlike before there was none. Will do testing later in a day.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Do you still have firmware 427? I had official firmware 429 till today it went to 427. Tidal master still work and of course Amazon hd beta firmware. Alexa shows UHD unlike before there was none. Will do testing later in a day.
Yeah. Got some feedback that WiiM are still attempting to recreate/fix some of the issues I raised and that they hope to issue me a new beta by the end of the week that might also include access to the Amazon Music HD service from the WiiM app in addition to casting from the Amazon Music app.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Yeah. Got some feedback that WiiM are still attempting to recreate/fix some of the issues I raised and that they hope to issue me a new beta by the end of the week that might also include access to the Amazon Music HD service from the WiiM app in addition to casting from the Amazon Music app.
Damn, even if I do get my WiiM this week it sounds like the Amazon UHD beta is still a VIP list only and I won't be able to do nothin :D

Steve Rogers

not with my deezer-android..
and seem , i m not alone...
:-(
(
deezer is well informed
but prefer to officially dig the karaoke function.
maybe now that they have done it, will they dig into these compatibility stories to promote the "hifi flac mode" in just about all circumstances.
as long as a rather "modest" approach remains....)
You don't explain how you know it is not CD quality but it may be you are not set up right (or it may be it is CD quality you don't provide any details). If you do the following you should get CD quality using Deezer and CCA:

1) Set audio options in android app to "High fidelity" under the "Google Cast" option
2) In google home app go into the device options for the cca you are broadcasting to and set audio to "full dynamic range"
3) Go into google deezer app and cast from it to your device.

I live with CCA as my main source, at the moment it seems better than Wiim for me but hoping it will get better as time goes on, for me the killing feature would be par EQ which would make it a cheaper option to roon and it appears to be in their road map.....

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
Damn, even if I do get my WiiM this week it sounds like the Amazon UHD beta is still a VIP list only and I won't be able to do nothin :D
You could listen to music until they get it sorted .

morillon

Major Contributor
You don't explain how you know it is not CD quality but it may be you are not set up right (or it may be it is CD quality you don't provide any details). If you do the following you should get CD quality using Deezer and CCA:

1) Set audio options in android app to "High fidelity" under the "Google Cast" option
2) In google home app go into the device options for the cca you are broadcasting to and set audio to "full dynamic range"
3) Go into google deezer app and cast from it to your device.

I live with CCA as my main source, at the moment it seems better than Wiim for me but hoping it will get better as time goes on, for me the killing feature would be par EQ which would make it a cheaper option to roon and it appears to be in their road map.....
thank you...
i did everything well
just that if appears as "hifi" on my android phone.. as soon as I want to "cast" I lose the "hifi"
;-)
(you use via toslink? or analog output? for your preference chromecast wiim.)

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
I'm very happily using Apple Music Hi-Res lossless bit perfect...

I don't really need to touch Amazon Music with WiiM Mini till I get the unit and can access the beta with the Amazon beta...

Till then the WiiM Mini will stay unused and I happily continue enjoying the music ;)

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
I did suggest it would be good if they could release the AMHD beta to a wider audience, but they didn’t respond directly to that. Once you get your device, drop them an email with its MAC address and ask for access to the beta :)

Brantome

Major Contributor
I thought a lot of people here were only interested in measuring the devices, with music a distant afterthought :p:D:p (just joking before I get lynched…)

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
I thought a lot of people here were only interested in measuring the devices, with music a distant afterthought :p:D:p (just joking before I get lynched…)
That's kinda the impression this thread leaves me with.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Hmmm, if I'm the only one that cares about bit perfect playback I guess I won't share test results.

I don't want to upset anyone here and spam this thread...

I guess most are just happy doing everything by ear and 'hoping for the best'. Which is fair enough !

telemike

Hmmm, if I'm the only one that cares about bit perfect playback I guess I won't share test results.

I guess most are just happy doing everything by ear and 'hoping for the best'. Which is fair enough !
Keep reporting please

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Got the ...247 pushed out overnight.

P1290967.jpg

Brantome

Major Contributor

Apologies, I was joking as I said. I appreciate your informative and balanced comments :)

Brantome

Major Contributor
Got the ...247 pushed out overnight.
Great, looking forward to others‘ experience of AMHD :)

Edit: Btw, you can change the device name in the Alexa app - I just call mine “beta” which makes it easy for Alexa to understand.

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
What does it show when you press "on Ultra HD" ?

I recall @Brantome said no sample rate is shown when casting.

Has that changed now or the same?
That looks like the Amazon Music app in which case it’ll be their usual ‘not available when casting’. WiiM have said they’ll add that to their app if they can.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
That looks like the Amazon Music app in which case it’ll be their usual ‘not available when casting’. WiiM have said they’ll add that to their app if they can.
When they add that and the "HD/UHD" flag to their metadata, It'll show up on my 7" display, too.

Top Bottom