• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

If you're having a Raspberry PI 4 (?) already, you may want to check out the LMS/Squeezlite way by Picoreplayer (https://docs.picoreplayer.org/getting-started/).
Connecting your DAC via USB allows you even more options than using the digital inputs via Coax or Toslink.
It's a lot more DIY/Software config than the WIIM or Bluenode but once done that may be giving
The WIIM is a good device for an excellent price (imho) but not made for everyone's interest. I am happy with it doing Qobuz into my actives.
If you see your happiness in audio files above CD quality you may want to use an USB interface.
Okay so are you suggesting that I dig out my raspberry pi and change the card that is plugged into the side? I have not used the raspberry pi for a year or so and I am going to have to remember the way it works. I am willing to try it. If I remember correctly it was a bubbleupnp app that I used and I believe that is same as the Auris audifi and the wiim.

In the US, the Node is currently $100 off..
Does it have a USB output? It seems like it is the easiest device to use. I don’t really want to buy another streamer if I don’t get any benefits other than the convenience factor. If I can improve the resolution I would consider it.

Damn digging through all my equipment I just realized that I have 2 Auris audifi streamer , a wiim and a raspberry pi ( with a ifi power supply).

amper42

Major Contributor
Does it have a USB output? It seems like it is the easiest device to use. I don’t really want to buy another streamer if I don’t get any benefits other than the convenience factor. If I can improve the resolution I would consider it.

I use RPi4 and Moode with RME ADI-2 FS DAC. It's VERY easy to setup and works great with UPnP, AirPlay2, etc.
Connecting directly to the USB port on the ADI-2 FS DAC with the MacBook Pro is another great option.

Turambar

Damn digging through all my equipment I just realized that I have 2 Auris audifi streamer , a wiim and a raspberry pi ( with a ifi power supply).
If you want to use your WiiM, the SMSL DAC and your HiRes suscription to Qobuz, it's pretty easy. Just connect your WiiM optical out to SMSL DAC optical in, and you are done.

I use WiiM / Qobuz with different DACs and it works fine with all of them.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It does now. Firmware upgraded. Not sure how they’re shipping now.

If you use it as an output, you lose the input function since there’s only one USB port

DTTOM37

Okay so are you suggesting that I dig out my raspberry pi and change the card that is plugged into the side? I have not used the raspberry pi for a year or so and I am going to have to remember the way it works. I am willing to try it. If I remember correctly it was a bubbleupnp app that I used and I believe that is same as the Auris audifi and the wiim.
Let's say , that depends ...
on your available budget and your willingnes to spend more money, if you don't need to. If you want to, that's ok, too, but not necessary. Again, it depends on your personal goals:
- The Pi4 with iFi power is a very good device, imho, and the LMS derivate of piCore has many established plugIns, which you may like or not ...
- If you feel the urge to buy something, you may want to make a choice depending on your needs/wishes.
- If it is higher than 24/192 kHz than the WIIM won't cut it .. if not, it's fair for the price. As usual, you could do always more expensive and the bluenode streamer isn't a bad device
- However, if you want to do a Linkplay based multiroom system with your gear, you may stay in that environment with the WIIM mini or WIIM pro
As you can see, it depends ... hth

Loba

does anyone know how to get stream what you hear on PC working with wiim mini?

I have tried http live streaming to open network stream on wiim but nothing works

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

I have tried http live streaming to open network stream on wiim but nothing works

Imsjry

First time poster here and sorry if this has been covered extensively but with Qobuz Connect to the Wiim mini I’m only getting 44.1 kHz. Is that a limitation of the connect feature of Qobuz or the WiiM. Playing Qobuz direct from the WiiM I’m outputting 192 kHz.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
First time poster here and sorry if this has been covered extensively but with Qobuz Connect to the Wiim mini I’m only getting 44.1 kHz. Is that a limitation of the connect feature of Qobuz or the WiiM. Playing Qobuz direct from the WiiM I’m outputting 192 kHz.
Qobuz Connect? When did Qobuz come out with that!? If you mean Airplay, then yes, it's limited to 48K, I believe.

Imsjry

Qobuz Connect? When did Qobuz come out with that!? If you mean Airplay, then yes, it's limited to 48K, I believe.
From Qobuz, I click the speaker icon and choose the Wiim Mini. Are you saying that’s actually just using Airplay?

Loba

Tried this and faced same problem as this:

swyh-rs is shown playing on wiim app on the phone but no sound coming from speakers.

Within the gui, it shows the following:
Streaming audio/L16 (LPCM), input sample format F32, channels=2, rate=48000, disable chunked=false to 192.168.1.162:52982
Streaming to 192.168.1.162:52982 has ended

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have question on mqa, does renderer on dac extend let say mqa core 96 and renderer will expand that to 192khz?

Philsen89

Got yesterday an update (435743) and still no mqa (DAC is my Denon x4000 internal dac, no mqa renderer). Which mqa update was actual released? The one for mqa with mqa supporting DACs or non mqa supporting DACs?

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Got yesterday an update (435743) and still no mqa (DAC is my Denon x4000 internal dac, no mqa renderer). Which mqa update was actual released? The one for mqa with mqa supporting DACs or non mqa supporting DACs?
You need to download wiim app the latest version. From there’s there’s setting on mqa.

Witterings

It's not totally clear what you're trying to stream and if it's every sound the PC makes in which case it may be better with a wired connection or if you're just looking to play certain downloaded music files and if so what media player you're using.
I haven't tried the WiiM App for PC's but I would have thought that'd probably do most locally / network stored music.

There aren't many PC based Media Apps that do at the moment, Amazon, whilst you can cast to the WiiM from iOS and Android you can't from a PC, I wanted the option of being able to so I downloaded an Android emulator and ocassionally use Amazon music from within the emulator so if the media player you're using is available on Android chances are it'd work.

Spotify is one of the few that do seem to work.

Interested to follow it though as it's something I'd find very useful as well.

Loba

It's not totally clear what you're trying to stream and if it's every sound the PC makes in which case it may be better with a wired connection or if you're just looking to play certain downloaded music files and if so what media player you're using.
I haven't tried the WiiM App for PC's but I would have thought that'd probably do most locally / network stored music.

There aren't many PC based Media Apps that do at the moment, Amazon, whilst you can cast to the WiiM from iOS and Android you can't from a PC, I wanted the option of being able to so I downloaded an Android emulator and ocassionally use Amazon music from within the emulator so if the media player you're using is available on Android chances are it'd work.

Spotify is one of the few that do seem to work.

Interested to follow it though as it's something I'd find very useful as well.

Yes. every sound from the pc.

My understanding was that stream what you hear should work with PC to wiim mini through upnp protocol but I guess not since SWYH could not find Wiim Mini. Hope I have better luck with my Arcam Solo Uno when I bring it to my office and relegate NAD D3020v2 with WiiM mini back home.

Top Bottom