• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Bamyasi

They should release mqa beta in general public like they do on frequent update. The more user using it the more we can discover if there’s bug and report them to be fix.
I am pretty sure they are overwhelmed with bug reports already, I am alone have been generating two per day on average lately :facepalm:

Music1969

Major Contributor
It’s October, I just want wiim pro to be released. I want to buy now!
1664759612925.gif

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Mostly about incomplete / broken gapless playback support. MQA is dead anyway, get over it...
You may not agree with me but I tried almost all streaming services. The services are tidal hifi plus, Amazon uhd and Qoboz. Prior on these three services I had Apple Music lossless but I cancel it in a month because AirPlay can only do up to 48khz and not bit perfect. I’m picky on music quality. Amazon music did not appeal to me wether uhd or hd as I find lack of texture to my ear regardless any type of music or how loud. Tidal sound fine but lack of the texture on highest end. Qoboz is just sounded right to my ear nothing was lacking so it’s the service I keep. Again this is me and my ear and you may disagree on my description. Your ear may say different than mine. At the end of the day, what makes us happy is what matters.

Smartplug

Latest response I got from WiiM suggests end of October/ early November at the earliest. Expect it for the Xmas rush ;)
Ok thanks my friend, maybe they try to iron out the software before release.

Smartplug

The new firmware update been on their website for days now but none of us got it yet.

Smartplug

Normally, we get the update before it get posted on their website. They maybe busy tweaking and optimizing wiim pro before it’s release.

amper42

Major Contributor
True, checked this morning, still 0922…….

Be thankful the 0922 firmware works. It's very possible the new firmware will break UPnP again or something else important to you. With no rollback feature I have lost interest in jumping on each update. My WiiM has been downgraded too many times during this process.

Smartplug

I think it would be great if wiim would create a featured on wiim app where you can choose firmware that you can choose from old to new much like updating a router firmware where there are many choices.

Jpdelaney.tml

Really folks, at the end of the day, I’m listening to the new Re-mix of Pink Floyd’s Animals on Amazon Music UHD from my Mini, through my old Yamaha, decoding 24/192 “No effect” selected and also sending on through the optical to external DAC and to second amp decoding the 24/192 stream. It does not get better with my kit. Enough complaints, send in your bug fix requests and enjoy what works very well with the Mini for an amazing price, comparatively.

Top Bottom