• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

morillon

Major Contributor
From my experience, Deezer support for Chromecast is unreliable. Works 90% of the time but disconnects and unable to reconnect often. It also automatically switches to compressed, lower SQ, streams when the server sees Chromecast as an end-point. Switched to Tidal as Amazon Music HD and Qobuz are unavailable on my country but their catalog is very much slanted towards rap, hip-hop and such. Apple music is quite good and inexpensive but again, not bit-perfect or lossles through Android and can't work with Wiim mini, only Chromecast with AAC codec.
My two cents...
one thing has been simple for a few weeks (2-3) at the beginning of July, with wiim home, deezer "hifi" worked without problem... (firmware from 7/09 of memory and I have wiilm mini since
february)
so it's possible...!
(I was satisfied, the main thing with deezer was settled, just the "recently played" remained to be settled, not a deezer problem....but that also still not settled on Android at all case )
and therefore much sadder to see that it no longer works...
now waiting for this new application... (should have been for """30/09 """"" ;-) )

;-)

Last edited:
It‘s on their known issues page and on their roadmap with a planned fix for Sept 30… I guess we need to wait some more days (which kind of doesn’t matter after more than 6 months ;)).
I'm annoyed they falsely advertised the product as being compatible with Deezer. I don't respect lying. Also there are 16 million Deezer users, maybe do a better job of securing your market segments?

Music1969

Major Contributor
Also there are 16 million Deezer users
Are you lying? :D

You have approx. 40% error in your number.

My source is Deezer website direct (note the web address) ;)

And the number of paid subscribers is less (much of this number is free users)

1664726990115.png

D

Deleted member 47859

The number of users doesn‘t matter. I wrote months ago that the Mini was and is advertised to work with Deezer. The reality is: It does not. The Mini might be a superb device - as long as you don‘t want to use Deezer. Another thing that is a bit worrying is that it takes months to fix a broken service that is still listed as compatible.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The number of users doesn‘t matter. I wrote months ago that the Mini was and is advertised to work with Deezer. The reality is: It does not. The Mini might be a superb device - as long as you don‘t want to use Deezer. Another thing that is a bit worrying is that it takes months to fix a broken service that is still listed as compatible.
Is that the only streaming services in your area? If deezer doesn’t work on your behalf because of wiim, you have couple of choices, one was replace your streamer that support deezer with little to no issue or change your service. You do realize you just paid 100 on your wiim and expect every known services will be trouble free. There’s no such thing. As you know, they are some of the smartest streaming developer and bringing features and fixing bug very often in comparison to others. I have stream and with the advertised of chromecast update and till now no chromecast was added after nearing 2 years. Stream is probably nearing its eol but no added features was added aside from bug fixing and even now users are still facing issues and cost 400.

D

Deleted member 47859

Is that the only streaming services in your area? If deezer doesn’t work on your behalf because of wiim, you have couple of choices, one was replace your streamer that support deezer with little to no issue or change your service. You do realize you just paid 100 on your wiim and expect every known services will be trouble free. There’s no such thing. As you know, they are some of the smartest streaming developer and bringing features and fixing bug very often in comparison to others. I have stream and with the advertised of chromecast update and till now no chromecast was added after nearing 2 years. Stream is probably nearing its eol but no added features was added aside from bug fixing and even now users are still facing issues and cost 400.
I don‘t expect that every known service runs trouble free. I just expect that the advertised services are usable. Since this is not the case and switching away from Deezer is not an option I already made a decision and sold all Minis. ;)

Reactions: MCH
Are you lying? :D

You have approx. 40% error in your number.

My source is Deezer website direct (note the web address) ;)

And the number of paid subscribers is less (much of this number is free users)

View attachment 234704
I saw something online that said 16m users but I guess subscriber numbers are lower. Regardless who cares? I'm not selling Deezer memberships, I'm making the point that Wiim is neglecting a huge market segment and needs to get off their ass for their own good.

Imagine you buy a car because the company says it can drive on gravel roads. And then it turns out it can't drive on gravel roads. And when you complain, some smart ass like you says "what did you expect for the price of the car? And you can always just drive on different roads". I don't care if the Wiim is a good deal, I only bought it because I have a Deezer subscription and they *expressly said it works with Deezer*. I shouldn't have to switch over to a different service I don't want just because Wiim doesn't accurately advertise their products.

Smartplug

Imagine you buy a car because the company says it can drive on gravel roads. And then it turns out it can't drive on gravel roads. And when you complain, some smart ass like you says "what did you expect for the price of the car? And you can always just drive on different roads". I don't care if the Wiim is a good deal, I only bought it because I have a Deezer subscription and they *expressly said it works with Deezer*. I shouldn't have to switch over to a different service I don't want just because Wiim doesn't accurately advertise their products.
I feel your frustration, I purchase stream which cost 400 with promise of chromecast update later of that year was introduced. Guess what? There were no chromecast update till now and I think it’s nearing its eol. Atlist, wiim has deezer app within its application and just need some work. I can’t wait till wiim pro get release as chromecast is important to where I need it and with reasonable price.

Jpdelaney.tml

New firmware release, mainly bug fixes

(Latest)
Release date:
9 / 29 / 2022
This update involves the following:
  • Improvement - Spotify playback smoothness
  • Fixed – Slave speaker volume issue for the Spotify multiroom
  • Fixed - EQ clipping when using the fixed volume option or playing music in high volume
  • New feature – Add movie and gaming EQ modes
  • Improvement – SPDIF output becomes idle when system stops play in two minutes
  • Improvement – Bit perfect output for LinkPlay multiroom for 48k Hz or lower, 16-bit content.
  • Fixed – Keep the BT Source mode when the device reboots
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Still waiting for this updated FW ;)

Tarkus1984

Anyone tried the app with Qobuz? How user friendly is the app? Thinking of switching from picoreplayer on a Raspberry pi to a wiim. Sick of the bug that sees songs randomly stop and then start playing the next song.
Hi, another vote of confidence for the qobuz interface in the wiim app. Although it took me a bit to find my regularly used options, it works just fine and most importantly, I haven't had any issues with the music playing end of things. The fact that it has gapless playback made a world of difference to me, coming from a Chromecast audio as my previous steamer.

Update for Deezer users - this was the response to a ticket a filed:

This issue is a bug on WiiM Mini with old Deezer API. There are no patches to fix these issue because the Deezer Service Provider doesn't support a solution to fix the issue. We are integrating the new Deezer API into WiiM Mini and plan to release it around Oct. 15th. Please stay tuned!

Smartplug

This issue is a bug on WiiM Mini with old Deezer API. There are no patches to fix these issue because the Deezer Service Provider doesn't support a solution to fix the issue. We are integrating the new Deezer API into WiiM Mini and plan to release it around Oct. 15th. Please stay tuned!
It got push back just like mqa.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Regardless who cares?
Well some of us care about accurate info.

They already mentioned the root cause on August 23rd... so as usual patience is required:
Hi Michael, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We haven't forget it and now are working on the fix. It needs update our entire integration API so it takes some time. We're about to release a new fix around the end of Sept. (with some additional features). Please stay tuned! I'll also raise this within our team to update our roadmap.

Smartplug

They should release mqa beta in general public like they do on frequent update. The more user using it the more we can discover if there’s bug and report them to be fix.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Script for display of WiiM now playing on HDMI monitor, using el-cheapo Inovato Quadra 'puter.

Top Bottom