• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

1411 kbps is a constant bitrate of uncompressed 44.1 / 16 stereo wav file. Compressed flac file has lower bitrate because of its compression rate.
Bitrate can be presented for the content before or after decoding. WiiM shows the bitrate before decoding.
Thank you, that was the answer I was looking for. The streaming services should be more transparent about this for the non-audiophiles. I'm just glad the Wiim is decompressing it and giving me the full bitrate.

Raver

Looks to check something here guys feedback appreciated.

I have recently resubbed to Tidal when I use multi room in the Wiim app on Android does it play in full resolution? I aware we have limitations with Amazon HD/Ultra HD just wondering if Tidal is limited in the same way for multiform?

Brantome

Major Contributor
New firmware release, mainly bug fixes

(Latest)
Release date:
9 / 29 / 2022
This update involves the following:
  • Improvement - Spotify playback smoothness
  • Fixed – Slave speaker volume issue for the Spotify multiroom
  • Fixed - EQ clipping when using the fixed volume option or playing music in high volume
  • New feature – Add movie and gaming EQ modes
  • Improvement – SPDIF output becomes idle when system stops play in two minutes
  • Improvement – Bit perfect output for LinkPlay multiroom for 48k Hz or lower, 16-bit content.
  • Fixed – Keep the BT Source mode when the device reboots
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements

Raver

(Latest)
Release date:
9 / 29 / 2022
  • Fixed - EQ clipping when using the fixed volume option or playing music in high volume
  • Improvement – Bit perfect output for LinkPlay multiroom for 48k Hz or lower, 16-bit content.
No MQA beta...

@WiiM Support

D

Deleted member 47859

(Latest)
Release date:
9 / 29 / 2022
Again no fix for Deezer. :rolleyes:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Looks to check something here guys feedback appreciated.

I have recently resubbed to Tidal when I use multi room in the Wiim app on Android does it play in full resolution? I aware we have limitations with Amazon HD/Ultra HD just wondering if Tidal is limited in the same way for multiform?
A new feature "Support Multiroom for the TIDAL Master content" has been mentioned before but I cannot confirm it.

holbob

Anyone tried the app with Qobuz? How user friendly is the app? Thinking of switching from picoreplayer on a Raspberry pi to a wiim. Sick of the bug that sees songs randomly stop and then start playing the next song.

Turambar

Anyone tried the app with Qobuz? How user friendly is the app? Thinking of switching from picoreplayer on a Raspberry pi to a wiim. Sick of the bug that sees songs randomly stop and then start playing the next song.
I use it daily, and it works fine for me.

Hello ENG, this is an known issue to us due to the old API integration we have. We're working on replacing it with the new API (also with more features) and the fix should be released around late Sept. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Hi there, I see this wasn't on the list of fixes for the Sept 29 update and isn't listed on Wiims page of known issues. This is a massive problem because it makes the Wiim unusable if you have Deezer. In some cases albums will just stop playing because the service is no longer connected. So I'm stuck. Can't you contact Deezer and work to get app support like you have with Spotify? That would mean we could use the proper Deezer app as well which works much better.

Last edited:

thomasward00

Having used Amazon HD for a couple years, did a one month Qobuz trial, although I prefer it over Tidal,. Amazon has a much better interface and app... Not to mention Amazon is cheaper.

D

Deleted member 47859

Hi there, I see this wasn't on the list of fixes for the Sept 29 update and isn't listed on Wiims page of known issues. This is a massive problem because it makes the Wiim unusable if you have Deezer. In some cases albums will just stop playing because the service is no longer connected. So I'm stuck. Can't you contact Deezer and work to get app support like you have with Spotify? That would mean we could use the proper Deezer app as well which works much better.
It‘s on their known issues page and on their roadmap with a planned fix for Sept 30… I guess we need to wait some more days (which kind of doesn’t matter after more than 6 months ;)).

Brantome

Major Contributor
Can't you contact Deezer and work to get app support like you have with Spotify? That would mean we could use the proper Deezer app as well which works much better.
I’m not aware that Deezer has a native casting or connect feature like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Amazon Music Alexa Cast etc, so WiiM contacting Deezer wouldn’t change the situation. I‘m afraid you‘re stuck with Bluetooth on Android or airplay if you use iOS if you want to use the Deezer app wirelessly with the Mini. I think Deezer supports Chromecast, but the WiiM Mini doesn’t, although the WiiM Pro will.

Michou

I’m not aware that Deezer has a native casting or connect feature like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Amazon Music Alexa Cast etc, so WiiM contacting Deezer wouldn’t change the situation. I‘m afraid you‘re stuck with Bluetooth on Android or airplay if you use iOS if you want to use the Deezer app wirelessly with the Mini. I think Deezer supports Chromecast, but the WiiM Mini doesn’t, although the WiiM Pro will.
From my experience, Deezer support for Chromecast is unreliable. Works 90% of the time but disconnects and unable to reconnect often. It also automatically switches to compressed, lower SQ, streams when the server sees Chromecast as an end-point. Switched to Tidal as Amazon Music HD and Qobuz are unavailable on my country but their catalog is very much slanted towards rap, hip-hop and such. Apple music is quite good and inexpensive but again, not bit-perfect or lossles through Android and can't work with Wiim mini, only Chromecast with AAC codec.
My two cents...

Top Bottom