• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Can it show the volume? The volume of the wiim i mean, the one you would set with the remote. If yes, killer addition!
As is, no, because I use fixed volume, so didn’t implement. It’s open source though, so anyone can modify to add what they want. The WiiM’s UPnP interface definitely supports it.

Reactions: MCH

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I hope the case is metal and not plastic
I think it’s plastic as metal cost more. Wiim pro will take big market share over expensive streamer like node and esoteric naim. Its fully featured unit. Linkplay expertise on software is what makes this unit miles ahead over competition. Superior hardware is useless if can’t be incorporated with software that can utilize them. User want affordable price that give 90 percent of performance of naim. Beside who want to spend thousands just to get that remaining 20 percent unless you have deep pocket which most of us don’t.

amper42

Major Contributor
Sure. We'll add more detailed spec. into the announcement thread. Here is brief SW/HW feature list -
SW
•Chromecast Audio
•AirPlay 2
•DLNA
•(Roon)
•MQA
•MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
(AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
•BT A2DP Source and Sink
•Linkplay streaming services and HD multiroom audio
•Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
•HI-RES Output 24-bit/192kHz
•Bit perfect output
•True gapless playback
•PEQ, 10-band graphic EQ, 24 Preset EQs

HW
•Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
•Line In RCA
•Optical In
•Line out RCA
•Digital Coaxial Out
•Optical SPDIF Out
•USB Type-C power
•12v Trigger for AMP
•Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
•Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Preset

It's four days after release of new firmware 4.6.430029 but it's still not showing up as an upgrade option on my Wiim pucks. Is it possible to add a "Check firmware updates" button in the app? The Wiim website also shows the old version as the latest. Thank you!

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
It's four days after release of new firmware 4.6.430029 but it's still not showing up as an upgrade option on my Wiim pucks. Is it possible to add a "Check firmware updates" button in the app? Thank you!
It checks for new FW every hour automatically.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Very interesting. Appreciate the hard work. Will need to get one with HDMI out so I can put it on the TV.
You can use the browser version for that.

Here it is running as a web app on a $29 Inovato Quadra.
1664046284274.png

AD78BEA9-CE04-4102-B19B-93DC28548517.jpeg

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
Sure. We'll add more detailed spec. into the announcement thread. Here is brief SW/HW feature list -
SW
•Chromecast Audio
•AirPlay 2
•DLNA
•(Roon)
•MQA
•MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
(AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
•BT A2DP Source and Sink
•Linkplay streaming services and HD multiroom audio
•Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
•HI-RES Output 24-bit/192kHz
•Bit perfect output
•True gapless playback
•PEQ, 10-band graphic EQ, 24 Preset EQs

HW
•Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
•Line In RCA
•Optical In
•Line out RCA
•Digital Coaxial Out
•Optical SPDIF Out
•USB Type-C power
•12v Trigger for AMP
•Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
•Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Preset

but will this coax output be isolated via murata or pulse transformer etc?
the dac is the same with the "mini" or a another option?
;-)

Last edited:

Narnian

You can use the browser version for that.

Here it is running as a web app on a $29 Inovato Quadra.
Nice. My company sent me to Red Hat training 10 years ago … and then put me in charge of large Windows server projects and data center migrations so I never had a chance to do much with my Linux training before I retired. So this looks like a better option for me over Raspberry Pi since I am too busy to build stuff from scratch.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Yeah, just opened the WiiM app to see a little red “New” badge next to the firmware version which when pressed downloaded that version. Will need to try that last fix…

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I've finished my gapless UPnP tests on the new FW. Flac files, wavs and oggs were perfectly gapless in LMS and eezUPnP. Mp3 files were not perfect due to padding I suppose.
There were some glitches when very short few seconds files were played, especially in eezUPnP, but it's a special case anyway.

@WiiM Support , thank you very much.

Witterings

With the latest release, the last point No. 6 .... does anyone know / @WiiM Support if it automatically toggles between UHD and HD if you're playing multiroom or do you still have to manually go in and change the settings on each WiiM individually?

Top Bottom