• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

AKR

There appears to be a new version of firmware rolling out - scroll back a few pages for comments mentioning it
Yes, but I have not seen WiiM update the App with featur JB
Confirm. I just paired and connected a BT speaker but no output is transmitted from the WiiM. Probably needs a firmware update to actually transmit BT output.
So my firmware was updated and Bluetooth output works. But I cannot get stereo ( TWS) Bluetooth to work between my two Bluetooth speakers using Wiim Bluetooth output but works fine directly from phone/ iPad/ computer.
I realize Bluetooth output is not important to most of you here given it’s really lossy but my interest is for outdoor BT speakers on my patio. Would not use them at all with Wiim other than this one application.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Finally, the long-promised casting from the Amazon app in lossless quality is a reality! Too bad the Amazon app is so piss poor. I’m sticking with Tidal, which has the album reviews and bios totally lacking at Amazon, but essential for jazz lovers.

View attachment 224161

I guess Amazon suffers from being a jack of all trades and therefore doesn’t give the same level of attention to their streaming service that one trick ponies like Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify etc do ;)

Merifon

Too bad the Amazon app is so piss poor. I’m sticking with Tidal, which has the album reviews and bios totally lacking at Amazon, but essential for jazz lovers.
Am I recalling bad, or Amazon app doesn't show next queue of a given radio station, just the already played?
Still thinking about returning to Amazon from Tidal...

Brantome

Major Contributor
Latest firmware contents
78E2358D-F1C3-4757-A555-209A4ADD41FF.jpeg

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Ugh. The new firmware has removed the Tidal artistid and albumid in the XML metadata. My (Alpha version) WiiM app depended on those to pull the bio and album review via the Tidal API for display. At least they retained the trackid, so I've had to mod the code a bit to pull the other two from the trackid. Hope they don't decide to eliminate the trackid! :oops:

Screenshot 2022-08-14 8.25.02 AM.png

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Am I recalling bad, or Amazon app doesn't show next queue of a given radio station, just the already played?
Still thinking about returning to Amazon from Tidal...
Dunno. I’m an old-fashioned sort, always listen to albums, sequentially, all the way through, as god intended, lol. I Never let some “AI” select tracks for me.

Merifon

Dunno. I’m an old-fashioned sort, always listen to albums, sequentially, all the way through, as god intended, lol. I Never let some “AI” select tracks for me.
Sometime I wanna taste that certain "millennialness"... (hope this word exists)
Anyway, suggestions can make discover some pearl ;-)

Last edited:

Joffieb

For all of us who are upset about the PEQ betrayal, is there a way (I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE FANTASTICAL MADNESS), to convert your REW filters to as optimal as possible GEQ settings that might get you close to the effect of the PEQ filters?

Brantome

Major Contributor
For all of us who are upset about the PEQ betrayal, is there a way (I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE FANTASTICAL MADNESS), to convert your REW filters to as optimal as possible GEQ settings that might get you close to the effect of the PEQ filters?
Betrayal? A bit over the top, no? If you’re that upset, I’m sure there are other units that might meet your exacting requirements…

Joffieb

Betrayal? A bit over the top, no? If you’re that upset, I’m sure there are other units that might meet your exacting requirements…
I am in fact using a MiniDsp Nanodigi which has 5 bands but was looking forward to the 10 bands promised and also to be able to not be reliant on the Nanodigi because it’s no longer made and therefore irreplaceable and there is nothing like it in the market (affordable dsp in the disgital domain). The current affordable MiniDsp units operate on an analog signal and therefore degrade it to the capabilities of their own DAC.

Brantome

Major Contributor
What so unique about lumin that they sell them so high? Will it give you 5000 percent performance over wiim?
You’re not comparing apples with apples - the DAC for one thing will be so much better in the Lumin. I’d better not mention something like the 36000€ Linn Organik Klimax DSM in case you compare that to the WiiM too ;)

meszrum

From whatever reason I cannot get casting from the Amazon Music to the WiiM Mini to work from within the Amazon Music app. WiiM Mini is just not visible as a casting target. I signed in to the Alexa service in WiiM Home app (same account as the Amazon Music).

What is even more curious the Alexa app itself sees the WiiM Mini as a registered device and is able to cast to the WiiM Mini. The Amazon Music is not being able to however...

Restarted the device many times, reverted back to the factory settings and set up everything from scratch - just no go.
I am on the latest firmware 4.6.426049.

I know that some users have the same issue.

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
From whatever reason I cannot get casting from the Amazon Music to the WiiM Mini to work from within the Amazon Music app. WiiM Mini is just not visible as a casting target. I signed in to the Alexa service in WiiM Home app (same account as the Amazon Music).

What is even more curious the Alexa app itself sees the WiiM Mini as a registered device and is able to cast to the WiiM Mini. The Amazon Music is not being able to however...

Restarted the device many times, reverted back to the factory settings and set up everything from scratch - just no go.

I have exactly same issue. I've tried to get support from amazon.pl, amazon.de, amazon.co.uk and amazon.com. They didn't help.

Brantome

Major Contributor

What platform? Have you tried from another device if you have one?

As a long shot, make Amazon Music the default service in the Alexa app (under more/ settings/ music & podcasts/ default services, then ask an echo (or use the talk to alexa feature in the Alexa or Amazon Music apps) "Alexa, play some music on wiim-mini-name", then as it plays, look at the music app casting list to see if it appears then.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
What platform? Have you tried from another device if you have one?

As a long shot, make Amazon Music the default service in the Alexa app (under more/ settings/ music & podcasts/ default services, then ask an echo (or use the talk to alexa feature in the Alexa or Amazon Music apps) "Alexa, play some music on wiim-mini-name", then as it plays, look at the music app casting list to see if it appears then.
I bet he has the same symptoms as me - the Alexa app is aware of Music subscription and WiiM presence so it's possible to cast from Alexa and to control WiiM by voice commands, but the Amazon Music app doesn't see the WiiM. All above regardless the platform, same issue on iOS and android.

Brantome

Major Contributor
I bet he has the same symptoms as me - the Alexa app is aware of Music subscription and WiiM presence so it's possible to cast from Alexa and to control WiiM by voice commands, but the Amazon Music app doesn't see the WiiM. All above regardless the platform, same issue on iOS and android.
Can you cast to other devices using your amazon music app?

Top Bottom