• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Brantome

Major Contributor
What country are you in? We haven’t got any firmware update.
i’m sure you’re aware from previous firmware updates that we all don’t get them at the same time, and also that updating their webpage to announce a new version can take a few days longer. It’ll come, be patient :)

amper42

Major Contributor
The various preset EQ settings in the WiiM Home App are a joke. I don't know why they bother putting them in the app. At this point, most users are better off leaving WiiM Home EQ off. Hope the company didn't spend much on that function. :facepalm:

Brantome

Major Contributor
The various preset EQ settings in the WiiM Home App are a joke. I don't know why they bother putting them in the app. At this point, most users are better off leaving WiiM Home EQ off. Hope the company didn't spend much on that function. :facepalm:
A joke in what manner? I don’t see them as any better or worse than any other GEQ - in fact, the treble reducer (or a variant thereof) works well in my listening environment - but then, I’m pushing 69 with hearing aids :D:p

DerRoland

Firmware still 4.6.424434, new ios app 2.1.0 (manual update via App Store) bring 10 band custom graphic equalizer, very cool, now I can see the differences between all fix eq’s and set my own custom curve. Further I enjoy now gapless play in amazon ultra hd :).

Edit: sorry, now only clickless between songs with amazon uhd, still gaps, e.g. in Pink Floyds Dark side of the moon.
I must correct my finding: we hear the whole day an Amazon Classic Radio Stadion and there was many little blobs or clicks between the songs, don’t know why there was no glitches today in the morning.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Has anyone tested two way Bluetooth- does the App show BT devices available for pairing? Don’t have the 2.1.0 yet.
Haven’t tested it, but there is a new output setting…
AF5BEE86-FD1A-4CFD-ABDA-9BB17CEF2468.jpeg

Reactions: AKR

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Thanks. Updated app and see it now. However my firmware still shows 434 with a build date of July 27th. I had thought the firmware had to be updated to enable new features, not just the App?
I was able to pair and connect to BT headphones with the old FW, however no audio was transmitted from WiiM.

AKR

I was able to pair and connect to BT headphones with the old FW, however no audio was transmitted from WiiM.
Confirm. I just paired and connected a BT speaker but no output is transmitted from the WiiM. Probably needs a firmware update to actually transmit BT output.

meszrum

Amazon Music 'search' implemented in WiiM Home app stopped working today (for me). I can still play tracks from history or Playlists, Charts etc. within the WiiM Home app, but 'search' engine gives no results. Tidal search within WiiM Home works fine. Native Amazon Music app also works fine.
Restarted both the WiiM Mini and app, cleared cache and data, tried two phones (Android 8 and 12) with no luck.

WiiM Mini 4.6.424434
Android WiiM Home 1.3.8.220722.b188ae

Anyone with similar issue?

Last edited:

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Amazon Music 'search' implemented in WiiM Home app stopped working today (for me). I can still play tracks from history or Playlists, Charts etc. within the WiiM Home app, but 'search' engine gives no results. Tidal search within WiiM Home works fine. Native Amazon Music app also works fine.
Restarted both the WiiM Mini and app, cleared cache and data, tried two phones (Android 8 and 12) with no luck.

WiiM Mini 4.6.424434
Android WiiM Home 1.3.8.220722.b188ae

Anyone with similar issue?
I tried it same no result. Only search shows was tune in and tidal.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Thanks. Updated app and see it now. However my firmware still shows 434 with a build date of July 27th. I had thought the firmware had to be updated to enable new features, not just the App?
There appears to be a new version of firmware rolling out - scroll back a few pages for comments mentioning it

Joffieb

Yeah - interesting response from WiiM re PEQ: “We still plan to develop parametric equalizer but now we need focus our resource to our next generation product first.”

Wonder when that will hit the streets…
Pretty ugly to drop current users over new customers.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Finally, the long-promised casting from the Amazon app in lossless quality is a reality! Too bad the Amazon app is so piss poor. I’m sticking with Tidal, which has the album reviews and bios totally lacking at Amazon, but essential for jazz lovers.

6218377F-5DF8-4196-9A99-6098F3864F70.jpeg

Smartplug

The roadmap for 8/15 update has been delivered to us in time! Awesome wiim! I’m looking forward to 8/31 update for mqa since I have that service!

Smartplug

There’s seems a bug. Search on amazon wiim app doesn’t show result.

Top Bottom