• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Brantome

Major Contributor
Too bad we can't play randomly a playlist in wiim Amazon music ☹️
There’s a shufile icon on the play bar on the now playing screen in the WiiM app. Alternatively, you can ask Alexa to play some music, shuffle a playlist, play your soundtrack etc etc

Theos

There’s a shufile icon on the play bar on the now playing screen in the WiiM app. Alternatively, you can ask Alexa to play some music, shuffle a playlist, play your soundtrack etc etc
I tried the icon but it still play in the same order. If I ask Alexa it play randomly bit the UHD mode is disabled. I only have CD quality.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Too bad we can't play randomly a playlist in wiim Amazon music ☹️

I do it nearly everyday. Casting UHD (beta) to WiiM Mini

Play the album normally. Then hit shuffle and press next track.

You will see the next track isn't the second track of the playlist

Theos

I do it nearly everyday. Casting UHD (beta) to WiiM Mini

Play the album normally. Then hit shuffle and press next track.

You will see the next track isn't the second track of the playlist
I just understand something. If I activated shuffle but manually push on the next track button the second track is as playlist order. But if I let the first track play until the end the followings tracks are randomly played.

Brantome

Major Contributor
I just understand something. If I activated shuffle but manually push on the next track button the second track is as playlist order. But if I let the first track play until the end the followings tracks are randomly played.
You should submit a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in their app :)

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
A simple Python web app to remotely view your WiiM's current track data is posted here.

Screenshot 2022-06-25 12.53.07 PM.png

Witterings

Did I see in the past that they're going to introduce an independant EQ you can adjust yourself at some stage rather than presets.

I wouldn't send them a messgae or anything to ask at the moment as they have bigger fish to fry but it'd be a brilliant feature if they did, I've just bought some new speakers and if I could bring the vocals out a smidge it'd be brilliant.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Very nice!

Could the Pi by be coded to run the web app immediately on Pi boot?
Of course, just use a service file, similar to the wiim app. I have both running on the same Pi Zero that drives the Waveshare display. PITA to type into the browser on the TV with a remote - first time I've used it (the TV's browser), I wonder if links can be saved?

wiimweb.service (in /etc/systemd/system):
Code:
[Unit]
Description=WiimWeb
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target
StartLimitIntervalSec=33
StartLimitBurst=5

[Service]
ExecStart=/home/pi/wiim-web/server.py
WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/wiim-web
StandardOutput=inherit
StandardError=inherit
Restart=always
RestartSec=5
User=pi

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

$ sudo systemctl enable wiimweb.service
$ sudo systemctl start wiimweb.service

Music1969

Major Contributor
Of course, just use a service file, similar to the wiim app. I have both running on the same Pi Zero that drives the Waveshare display.

Is this starting a web browser on the Pi itself that outputs via Pi HDMI output ?

Or you need a TV with web browser

Brantome

Major Contributor
Did I see in the past that they're going to introduce an independant EQ you can adjust yourself at some stage rather than presets.

I wouldn't send them a messgae or anything to ask at the moment as they have bigger fish to fry but it'd be a brilliant feature if they did, I've just bought some new speakers and if I could bring the vocals out a smidge it'd be brilliant.
Yeah, under Future Updates on their what’s new page

Music1969

Major Contributor
Not saying this is the best solution for everyone, but for my listening 15 ft from the hi-fi rack , this combo of bigger text and setting "max_lines=4" for artist and track title has been working really well.

88296D3F-9754-44F0-AB57-D860A709A1D2.jpeg

A bunch of artists and track title needs to be culled this way with max of 4 lines of info for this text size, but it's definitely showing mostly enough info.

And if I need more I pop open the web page which is running @Ralph_Cramden 's browser thingy for full details very quick :

19141AA5-359F-4474-8467-7B7F28E84E91.jpeg

Thanks Ralph !

Such cool things that makes the music listening even more enjoyable

Beta firmware 352 has only had 2 issues for me in over 2 weeks testing and WiiM are aware and working on fixes (small pops when changing sample rates and big gaps between tracks).

Other than those 2 thinga, casting Amazon UHD has been rock solid for me after I solved the encrypted DNS issue causing dropouts

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not saying this is the best solution for everyone, but for my listening 15 ft from the hi-fi rack , this combo of bigger text and setting "max_lines=4" for artist and track title has been working really well.

View attachment 214986

A bunch of artists and track title needs to be culled this way with max of 4 lines of info for this text size, but it's definitely showing mostly enough info.

And if I need more I pop open the web page which is running @Ralph_Cramden 's browser thingy for full details very quick :

View attachment 214985

Thanks Ralph !

Such cool things that makes the music listening even more enjoyable

Beta firmware 352 has only had 2 issues for me in over 2 weeks testing and WiiM are aware and working on fixes (small pops when changing sample rates and big gaps between tracks).

Other than those 2 thinga, casting Amazon UHD has been rock solid for me after I solved the encrypted DNS issue causing dropouts
I have same firmware you have, it’s just the gap was big. The Amazon music cast will be release (preview) at end of month. We been using it and been rock solid. Amazon hd/uhd will be available on wiim app but will be official if they will follow on what’s new.

Top Bottom