• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Widescreen Review

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Say @amirm , been meaning to ask you, I read in the April/May issue of Widescreen Review that due to the lack of advertising income caused by the virus issue, etc; that the magazine was teetering on the edge of financial failure. :( I was wondering if there had been any significant change either for the worse or better over the last few months? I still haven't received any new issue since and am beginning to worry. It would be a real shame to lose this publication over this dang virus. Although aimed mainly at the high end of home theater design, it is one of the few publications left focused on HT. Stereophiles Sound&Vision has turned into a joke covering just about everything but HT with reviews of vinyl, smart phones, etc; stuffing it's pages.
TIA, Here's hoping ---------------
Sal

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
They have been on the rocks for a long time. I don't know how long Gary can keep it going. He doesn't have a proper online model and is suffering hugely. I hope he hangs on but my gut says he won't be able to.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
They have been on the rocks for a long time. I don't know how long Gary can keep it going. He doesn't have a proper online model and is suffering hugely. I hope he hangs on but my gut says he won't be able to.
Thanks for the update/info. I do hope he can keep things going, I will really miss it if it folds. :( It's one of the most classy audio publications around and for the most part I feel the reviewers are on the up and up.

Top Bottom