• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why?

Eidie

What are you after people?

Is it the unattainable?

Do you just want more stuff?

Can you be happy with what you’ve achieved/got?

Just why?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, why not try to answer the question yourself? Let's take your own quote:

I suppose I am looking for justification for the purchase. I remain happy!

So why then? If you're happy, what makes you need another justification?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
To learn about the technical side of audio reproduction, how to get the most bang for my buck on future purchases and existing ones.

Why are you here? Why are you posting this? Why do my reasons for being here and my objectives concern you?

If you really want to wind people up, do a poll.

OP
Eidie

Eidie

Eidie, what prompted this question?
Being a lurker. A member has been enormously educational. Thank you all.

I’d love to know what you “collectively” are after.

So much here is about consumption.

Buying more stuff.

Do you need it?

DACs (RME AFI-2 DAC for example) and amps (any Purifi based) are essentially perfect. Anything more is numbers. And extension.

Do you need it

GeorgeWalk

I currently have what I consider my "end game" systems. I have no plans or desires to buy more equipment. I like reading the reviews and seeing the discussions of various pieces of equipment. I think the only way I would buy any more gear is if there is some new feature or set of features that meets my needs.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you need it?

The better questions are: why do you think you need it? Are you even after the right stuff? What is the endgoal? How do you even know that this stuff brings you any closer?

OP
Eidie

Eidie

To learn about the technical side of audio reproduction, how to get the most bang for my buck on future purchases and existing ones.

Why are you here? Why are you posting this? Why do my reasons for being here and my objectives concern you?

If you really want to wind people up, do a poll.[/QUOTE

Gosh, I really didn’t mean to offend! I have clearly done so and I am sorry for that.

Forgive me, please, for being clumsy.

To finesse the best from what we have is laudable. It’s the chasing after the best that I’d like to understand better.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Being a lurker. A member has been enormously educational. Thank you all.

I’d love to know what you “collectively” are after.

So much here is about consumption.

Buying more stuff.

Do you need it?

DACs (RME AFI-2 DAC for example) and amps (any Purifi based) are essentially perfect. Anything more is numbers. And extension.

Do you need it

I think many in here would be perfectly happy with this equipment but still would hang around in here. Couse you can learn a lot and have fun with other people.

OP
Eidie

Eidie

I think many in here would be perfectly happy with this equipment but still would hang around in here. Couse you can learn a lot and have fun with other people.
Thank you tomtoo. I was trying to spark a deeper philosophical debate. Clearly I failed. Miserably.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Thank you tomtoo. I was trying to spark a deeper philosophical debate. Clearly I failed. Miserably.

Uhpps sry maybe it was my fault with my bad english?
What philosophical debate?
Is there something to depate? Most people in here enjoy music and have some affinity to technologie. And in this days that fits well from tubes to IT technologie. Whats a very broad spectrum.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Several people have asked you direct questions, most of which you haven't even attempted to directly answer. If you expect others to give decent answers, then please start with answering yourself as well.

Might be a better question for a forum where more expensive is always better.

Well, yes, in general people here are much more conscious about what they want and why they want something. And another part of the crowd is here just for fun and learning. You can even have a great time without having to buy anything, but by just looking at the stuff that you don't need to buy at all ;)

As far as Audio forums go, this one is by far the cheapest to attend.. reason enough to be a donor :cool:

But I'm guessing the motives of @Eidie go a bit deeper and also point towards mass consumption of goods vs our environment, etc... But I guess he can best elaborate himself.

Top Bottom