• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why so many Node 2i streamers appearing on resale markets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_hamster 2

Strictly anecdotally, but am a HiFishark member, and signed up for the Bluesound Node 2i “agent”, which tracks daily new resale listings for the device. Two or three months ago, new listing daily were in single digits; in the past few weeks, they are coming in at double-figure rates per day. Prices range from full price (ca $575) for brand-new down to below $400 for “lightly used”…$350 is the lowest I’ve seen. Is this normal churn, or has initial enthusiasm waned? On another thread, there was speculation of an updated Node streamer to be released…maybe this is playing into the action.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
No speculation needed. New Node and new PowerNode were announced on Monday. Even posted here, I think.

OP
T

the_hamster 2

So, roughly the same price for upgraded unit…but essentially the same capability, with some hdwr/SW tweaks. I auditioned a Node 2i from AMZN on a free-return basis a few months ago, and decided that it offered no better than PC/USB with a $95 Audirvana add-on…returned after a week’s solid use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom