• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why no sound from iPad Air->Topping E30->Denon AVC-X4700h->Marantz MM7025?

Brambo67

Dear ASR forum members, I could do with some of your knowledge. I run a setup at home which is build around a Denon AVC-X4700h receiver. The speaker setup is 7.1.4. A Marantz MM7025 is driving the large front speakers. Everything works fine but I wanted to be able to listen to lossless sound via Apple Music. So I bought a Topping E30 which is connected via RCA to the analog CD input on the Denon. My iPad Air with USB-C is connected to the Topping via a USB-C - USB-B cable to the Topping. This is how it is (not) running:
  1. Apple Music om iPad, Topping shows bitrate on display but no sound, Denon on CD as source and in ‘Direct’ or ‘Stereo’ mode; NO SOUND VIA SPEAKERS
  2. Same but laptop with YouTube Music as source; NO SOUND,Topping shows bitrate however
  3. Laptop with YouTube Music as source, Topping in Pre-Amp mode, Marantz MM7025 direct connected via RCA to Topping, PERFECT SOUND
  4. Same but with iPad as Source; NO SOUND
Initially I thought there was now output but I proofed myself wrong with the above tests. Also multimeter proofed ’juice’ on the RCA cables. Which makes sense otherwise the #3 setup wouldn’t have worked.

So who can tell me what I’m missing or doing wrong.

OP
B

Brambo67

Ahum...... I have to admit I was the weak link... Turned out I hadn't assigned my CD-input to an analog output. Therefor no signal passed trough. Now it does flawlessly.

Top Bottom