• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why is Windows sample rate still not dynamic ?

Haider

This is easy to blind test, get someone to change the sample rate from 16, 24, 32 bit see if you can spot when it was playing the native rate - native, non native & don't know. I clocked up mainly don't know...

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just for your reference, I have "historical" and "practical" reasons for sticking to "all in ASIO I/O" in my PC based multichannel audio system, as I posted here.

Hello friends here in this thread,

In addition to my post above cited, I assume my specific post on my project thread would be of your reference and interest in terms of sampling rate (and bit depth);
- Summary of rationales for "on-the-fly (real-time)" conversion of all music tracks (including 1 bit DSD tracks) into 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz PCM format for DSP (XO/EQ) processing: #532

Top Bottom