• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why is Lumin so expensive?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But I still lack VU meters on my amp. :(
Your new retro speakers will compensate for that.

(It's kind of surprising the display does not have a mode that changes to VU meters, seems an obvious feature to add)

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, they’re not visible unless I’m standing over the amp
Indeed.
They were designed for vertical mounting.
I had considered asking for a simulated needle like meter in the configuration options for the monos but decided it wasn't serious enough for them!

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Indeed.
They were designed for vertical mounting.
I had considered asking for a simulated needle like meter in the configuration options for the monos but decided it wasn't serious enough for them!

I toyed with the idea of vertical mounting, but decided all the wires hanging out would ruin the look and I wasn't serious enough to tear my wall apart to hide all the wires.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I toyed with the idea of vertical mounting, but decided all the wires hanging out would ruin the look and I wasn't serious enough to tear my wall apart to hide all the wires.
I have one of mine on a stand in front of my Sub with the cables going back under the sub so can't be seen (though untidiness is no big deal for me actually) so I can just read the display from where I sit ~15 ft away.

Top Bottom