• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why is it so hard to purchase a Hypex or Purify amp in USA?

Golfx

Forum Donor
Don't mean to hijack, but it's related: why are there no 3-channel Hypex amps with RCA?
You can find them at Nord with option of both XLR and RCA.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I ordered from March Audio in Australia with no problem, though he does charge a shipping fee on top. However, I believe he only builds Purifi amps now, not Hypex.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Anyone know how the build quality of the Nord units (for NC252 module) are compared to Buckeye or VTV? I plan on getting a simple 2-channel Hypex unit next year, once I figure out what I want to sell off from my current systems etc.

Golfx

Forum Donor
At this time in all three companies existence they all have good “tear-down” reviews and anecdotal good customer feedback. VTV had an early stumble but seems to have moved well past that Into good builds. If you want american, ATI does hypex builds too with long warranties. They are more expensive and heavier as well.

HoweSound

I bought my Hypex amp from Deer Creek Audio. They were great to deal with:

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Multiple inquires with no response outside the USA, and VTV is on holiday shutdown for 3 weeks.
Not willing to pay the high prices for the boutique brands, doesn't seem necessary for these amps and their intended use.
(I'm always afraid if I can't get a hold of a vendor before the sale what will it be like after the sale if I need something.)
No wonder Dylan at Buckeye is swamped, he appears to be the only OEM USA game in town (except for VTV), and he answers emails the same day without fail which I admire.
I just hate to have to wait 6 weeks now for my amp! Seems like there's a great business opportunity out there, I may even start looking into building these myself when it's too cold to work outside. And as I get older, working at the bench again is sounding better compared to crawling around cramped airplanes in the hanger.
No question you should just order the Buckeye amp you want. 6 weeks is not all that long. In the end you will be happier dealing with a first class outfit like Buckeye. He does offer a lot of options too last I heard. Buy once without regret. Buy cheap and regret it until you dumpster the thing! Buckeye for the win!

Top Bottom