• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why is ecommerce hard for every company but Amazon?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Some of you know I ordered this audio dongle from Apple. I thought it was coming today but it didn't. So I tried to look it up and I see this on Apple's site:

1541121490806.png

What? The item is becoming delivered tomorrow and they say they will provide "tracking information" in 24 hours? And what is that bar graph in green if it is not tracking info?

And what is with that bad grammar? "Delivers: Amir M???"

I click on that Track Shipment and get a FedEx page with this odd history:

1541121753775.png

What the heck???

It was shipped from Ontario, CA. It goes to Memphis which is FedEx's clearance center but then goes back to Ontario again???

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought Apple was an American company, not from Canada.
That is strange, maybe it's Halloween humor, Canadians about to invade USA with their marijuana? :D
I think that's Ontario CAlifornia. Sure you aren't already using the Canadian weed? :)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Oh, I didn't know that they had an Ontario in California too.
This shouldn't be allowed, it is confusing. Who got the name first, Ontario?
They should have an exclusivity for the name, a registered patent, nobody else can use the name or they could be sued in a federal court of law. ...Yes, no? :)

Lol

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, I didn't know that they had an Ontario in California too.
This shouldn't be allowed, it is confusing. Who got the name first, Ontario?
They should have an exclusivity for the name, a registered patent, nobody else can use the name or they could be sued in a federal court of law. ...Yes, no? :)

Lol
Here is an unusual addressing app. What 3 words. The entire surface of the earth can be divided into 3x3 meter squares and all of them addressed by no more than three words. No duplicates, no ambiguities. Interesting idea, and works very well. I hope it or something like it catches on. So far, I've got the app, and it is good sometimes to mark a spot not easily addressed. But I can't talk anyone else into using it. Which makes it not so useful.

https://what3words.com/

The biggest drawback is knowing city, state, country gives you an idea of places sort of in the same part of the globe.

obliges.sprouts.distracts and fangs.lavished.transitional are only a few miles from each other. But you'd never know that from the three words pinpointing those locations.

BTW, you know I was only teasing about you being high on drugs.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
My vote is Mouser. They are truly amazing. I had an order which which got to me in an actual total of 36 hours, dispatched and shipped (FedEx priority) from Mansfield Tx to my house in Queensland Australia! All the stars must have aligned for that to happen, but 4 days is pretty average for me. Unbelievable efficiency.

:)

NorthSky

Major Contributor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So just ordered the portable THX amp from Monoprice and finally decided to create an account there. It sent me an email to confirm and upon clicking on the link I was greeted with this:

1541469480708.png

Error? How can they not catch things like this???

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Lowly Walmart usually gets it right.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So just ordered the portable THX amp from Monoprice and finally decided to create an account there. It sent me an email to confirm and upon clicking on the link I was greeted with this:

View attachment 17392

Error? How can they not catch things like this???

It's an error because it worked. Must be a sad state of affairs.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
BTW, on the original Apple dongle, it was supposed to come on Friday. That morning the storm dropped a tree on our road and completely blocked it! I ran out there and with the help of chainsaw and tractor cleared the road. I get back and see notice that FedEx had already come and turned right back! :( It came today.

So perhaps they are listening and forced that "act of God" on me. Wonder what Monoprice will do! :D

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
That morning the storm dropped a tree on our road and completely blocked it! I ran out there and with the help of chainsaw and tractor cleared the road.

Watch out for the powerlines..

Top Bottom