• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why do subwoofers have better bass than large speakers?

F1308

Major Contributor
Fostex 31.5 Super Woofer. You can order that driver on Madisound for $5909.

View attachment 236001
Once installed remember to turn around so as to properly match ears and channels. Yoga just won't place the percussion where it was meant.
A simple trick most room correction software programs won't be aware of thereby not telling you anything related to fixing such a simple issue.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

JacquelineRoberts

Bass is deeper, and mid-range sound improves since it reduces strain on the connected speakers. I happened onto your post because I want to try uk-dissertation, but before I do, I want to read their reviews, and as I was browsing for their reviews online, I came across your site.

Last edited:

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The more I read about subwoofers, the less I know and understand.
So, suppose I wanted the best possible bass quality, overall stereo sound.
Let's say the speakers would have large woofers - 15 or 18 inches per side and go down to about 20 Hz with a drop of -3dB. Closed or Open Baffle speakers maybe irrelevant.
And now yes - wanting to have plus or minus 15 hZ without a decrease in dB - if possible, it is better to double the number of woofers in speakers or to buy / build, for example, 4 high-quality subwoofers?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
rofl, that guy is so fragile he has links with a referrer from ASR blocked. Amazing.

Extension has no meaning in active speakers, it can be pretty much whatever you set the internal EQ to.
Amir and many of you, techy guys, answer my questions when I ask. Darko does not. For that alone, this house alone is several times better.

Top Bottom