• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why DAC manufactors has not an option 3.5/6.3 jack for interconnection?

M0du1e

Subj. Today when we appreciate multiple connectivity options, modern dacs have XLR/RCA/IIS/AES/Bluetooth options to connect it whatever you want. But it doesn't include jack, 3.5 or 6.3. I have old audio interface E-MU 0404 USB, it have 3.5mm or 2x6.3mm line outputs, I connected it to my O2 amp with 3.5 jack input and that's it. But if I plan to upgrade either DAC or Amp, then I have to upgrade both, since neither of them have RCA.
My question is: is there reason to not have jack as interconnection option? Or manufactors just not bother to have it?
P.S Sorry for my broken English:)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The connections between home audio equipment have not historically used 3.5mm or 6.3mm. The ones that you see that do use this are very uncommon. Veryyyy uncommon...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
If I understand correctly, a conversion cable may find a place in your future:

Example:

3.5mm Stereo to RCA Audio Cable, 3.5mm Stereo Male to Dual RCA Male

1592122428850.png

There is likely to be a type suitable for any application.

OP
M

M0du1e

If I understand correctly, a conversion cable may find a place in your future:

Example:

3.5mm Stereo to RCA Audio Cable, 3.5mm Stereo Male to Dual RCA Male

View attachment 68798

There is likely to be a type suitable for any application.
Thank you, I will look for it. But it's hard to find such cable, local dealers have no idea about them.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom