• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why aren't audio (.mp3, etc.) uploads allowed at ASR?

C. Cook

I was trying to share an audio file in a private chat (which follows the exact same format as public forums) and discovered that ASR won't allow me to upload an .mp3? Just photos! Really? At an audio site?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I was trying to share an audio file in a private chat (which follows the exact same format as public forums) and discovered that ASR won't allow me to upload an .mp3? Just photos! Really? At an audio site?
I think you can link to dropbox or google drive for the purpose of sharing an A/B test for example. However the reason no direct uploads are allowed is likely copyright legal consideration.

OP
C. Cook

C. Cook

I think you can link to dropbox or google drive for the purpose of sharing an A/B test for example. However the reason no direct uploads are allowed is likely copyright legal consideration.
Isn't copyright also a serious consideration for photos?

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not a new question

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Not a new question
We never did get an official answer there either. Just my speculation

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
the size of the various media file attachements would kill the hosting costs

OP
C. Cook

C. Cook

Not a new question
I searched for any such questions prior to posting, but nothing came up. I might not have used the term "file types" though.

OP
C. Cook

C. Cook

the size of the various media file attachements would kill the hosting costs
But photos can be huge. I've seen some high resolution photos in various forum posts here. Certainly larger file sizes than a short low quality .mp3.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Isn't copyright also a serious consideration for photos?
I am not start using cr-free pictures. ASR will be flooded with pictures like this:
800px_COLOURBOX4630809.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've loaded them before as zip files. Just zip the MP3. File size won't change much, but it is allowed. I also don't load huge mp3s either. Just 30 seconds or so most of the time.

Top Bottom