• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Who would you consider to be an Ethical Manufacturer in the Audio Business?

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
This is from my personal experience:
1. JDS Labs by a very wide margin
2. Yamaha - specifically their speaker amplifiers as well as their instruments division
3. Sennheiser
I also have very good experience with Sennheiser.

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Benchmark Media for sure!
Yes ^^^. There is nothing inexpensive about Benchmark, but if "ethical" means you receive quality that matches or exceeds cost, then Benchmark hits the bullseye. Plus, their customer service is unparalleled by any company I've ever dealth with, so if that contributes to "ethical" then, again, Benchmark hits the bullseye.

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
I'm talking about audio companies that hyperbolize their product's ability to make a system sound better for a price that exceeds what gold costs per ounce--or whatever comparison you'd like to use.

I've always considered DECWARE a DIY who does business fare.
One the other end of the spectrum I'd put PS Audio or AudioQuest -- who seem to have no shame.

What are some ethical companies out there we should be supporting?
I think this is an excellent thread/topic.
The buyers decide which products will do well on the market.
If we buy from ethical manufacturers only, then the business will totally change to the better.

Descartes

Major Contributor
I think this is an excellent thread/topic.
The buyers decide which products will do well on the market.
If we buy from ethical manufacturers only, then the business will totally change to the better.
Then they should just sell direct and remove the dealers who are just middlemen!

Top Bottom