• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Who loves a good coney dog?

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's very reasonable. If in Canada for a sausage in a bun or a large hot dog it would be maybe $8-$10 each. The USA has such great deals on fast food and snacks.
Is that $8-$10 in Loonies? What would it be in real money? Portillos is a legit competitor in Chicago - even a Jumbo Hot Dog dragged through the garden is $4.12, $4.53 with tax. https://realmenuprices.com/portillos-menu-prices/

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is that $8-$10 in Loonies? What would it be in real money? Portillos is a legit competitor in Chicago - even a Jumbo Hot Dog dragged through the garden is $4.12, $4.53 with tax. https://realmenuprices.com/portillos-menu-prices/
Making me hONgry. :D Yes, this is what I'm talking about. In Canada the restaurants and fast food retailers max out the prices and don't seem to use volume sales to reduce our costs. I bought 2 late night average size sausages in a bun and I spent a little over 20 bucks. If I wasn't so bent on hustling the woman selling them I would have passed on that deal. :p Otherwise restaurants don't seem to price the stuff for getting returning customers. It's as if they simply gouge as much as possible and that's that. A 3 topping not so great med(A small'ish medium) size pizza delivered comes to about $25-$27. I rarely eat out and don't order pizza anymore because it's rip off city.
hot dog.png

Jackpine

I Know I'll probably catch hell for this, but Sonic's 1/4lb footlong coney cheesedog ain't half bad. They kinda skimp on the toppings a little, so I gotta add more finely chopped onion and some additional mustard plus a little ketchup. My biggest problem with them is they're too damned expensive.
I had one of these a few years back tasted ok the first bite. I couldn't finish it though way too salty for me. About half the Sonics in my area have closed. I ordered a corn dog there once and it was a microwaved frozen one. :facepalm:

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had one of these a few years back tasted ok the first bite. I couldn't finish it though way too salty for me. About half the Sonics in my area have closed. I ordered a corn dog there once and it was a microwaved frozen one. :facepalm:
They're all over Nashville. Like Covid.

Reactions: Wes

Oldasdrt

Used to be from the birthplace of Coneys, nothing quite like them,
Natural casing dogs , chili,mustard and lots of onions,

Top Bottom