• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Who in their right mind

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

solderdude

Grand Contributor
In any case not the guys buying this or this

direstraitsfan98

Forum Donor
liquid-audio-cables2.png

So what makes Teo Audio’s Liquid Cable special?

"For the last thirty years or so, the larger audio community, listeners and creative types alike, has become polarized around the question of whether or not the cables used to connect recording and playback devices can affect the quality of reproduced audio. The competing factions can be loosely divided into two camps: the subjectivists and the objectivists. For subjectivists, a change in connecting cables in an audio signal chain can introduce a perceptible change in the sound of the system. Objectivists point to measurements and formulae and insist that such perceptions of change have no basis in reality. TEO, while sharing an objectivist desire to correlate experience with data, is in the subjectivist camp. We hear differences in cables, and assume, that since you’re visiting with us, that you do too."

"Now comes the accelerated section. A 2.5-meter speaker pair (close to the ubiquitous 8-footer run) is $14,990. A 4-meter pair goes for $23,990, the price of a very fine used car and a quite respectable brand new one. "Speaker cables longer than 4m are not available at this time. When they become available, be aware in advance that due to the electromagnetic properties of the alloy, we must double the amount of conductors to achieve the same sonic characteristics of shorter lengths. This means doubling the price, too, as well as adding similar incremental increases based on additional lengths beyond 5 meters." Cough. No further comments on the coin portion of this equation. It's all Brian's fault in the first place...

Above words are from his own website, not mine. Anyway, the guy who runs this company, Kevin Hotte, is a major joker and clown and scam artist. He's basically scum of the earth and possibly the most miserable little man in Canada. I think only a certain type of person can get into the cable manufacturing biz. The type of person reminds me a lot of Nicholas Cage's character in the movie Matchstick Men.

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
uhmm it's in the sweet spot price wise then!

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Well... I certainly wouldn't recommend investing in that power cable without springin' for audiophile fuses, too.

:rolleyes:

and a cable lifter, so it won't touch the floor!

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Willem

Major Contributor
Until I stopped wasting time on Audiogon he was rather active there.

mansr

Major Contributor
Well... I certainly wouldn't recommend investing in that power cable without springin' for audiophile fuses, too.

:rolleyes:

https://www.audio-magic.com/audio-fuses.html

View attachment 46080
What the hell have they stuffed inside those poor fuses? We've all heard of beeswax-filled fuses, but that looks like something else. Anyway, here are some more ideas for fuse fillings:
  • Coffee powder
  • Cocoa powder
  • Cocaine
  • Gunpowder
  • Nitroglycerin
  • Potassium cyanide
  • Rattlesnake venom
  • Hydrogen disulphide
  • Crushed diamonds
  • Crushed ivory (illegal)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
What the hell have they stuffed inside those poor fuses? We've all heard of beeswax-filled fuses, but that looks like something else. Anyway, here are some more ideas for fuse fillings:
  • Coffee powder
  • Cocoa powder
  • Cocaine
  • Gunpowder
  • Nitroglycerin
  • Potassium cyanide
  • Rattlesnake venom
  • Hydrogen disulphide
  • Crushed diamonds
  • Crushed ivory (illegal)
quark-gluon plasma, maybe?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I wonder whether they have fuses filled with, e.g., recycled, leftover Yankee Candle wax -- they could call them Penultimate Wax-filled Fuses, and suck in all those schmoes who don't actually know what penultimate means. :cool:

Last edited:

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
quark-gluon plasma, maybe?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I wonder whether they have fuses filled with, e.g., recycled, leftover Yankee Candle wax -- they could call them Penultimate Wax-filled Fuses, and suck in all those schmoes who don't actually know what penultimate means. :cool:
Penultimate in this case because the wax does not smell like famous actress lady garden candle wax.

Top Bottom