• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Who here has immersive (systems with height or upward facing speakers) systems

dts350z

I'm interesting in connecting with people that have immersive sound systems and are interesting in testing and giving feedback on different stereo to immersive surround upmix techniques.

Yes we have Dolby Atmos, DTS X, and (some of us) Auro 3D, each with their own upmix, but what if there could be something better, something developed in the community of users, something targeted specifically for music playback (vs. movie sound tracks)?

I'm working in 7.2.4 or 11.2 (or 12.2 if you count the "voice of god" speaker in Auro 3D) but testers could have anything from 5.1.2 and up.

FYI my sound treated development room/studio has 12 Genelec 8020 satellites and 2 Genelec 7050 subwoofers. I can drive those with multichannel audio direct from computers (windows and mac pro) or from a Marantz AV7704 preamp. The living room also has an immersive system. 7.2 or 5.1.4 driven by a Yamaha RX-A2070

My Stereo to Surround tools have been in development since ~2006 and have been available for free (donationware) @ www.surroundbyus.com

Now I want to take that into immersive audio space with techniques like ambient extraction and taking into account human audio perception in the vertical, etc.

Any takers out there?

IMG_2669.JPG

Top Bottom