• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

white noise can be heared when music is streamed from librespot or shairport

mayamathe

Hello,

I am using Moode on a Rpi to centralized my music sources (I used a kahdas tone 1 as Dac, a JLH classe A and enclosure with fostex speaker)

When I listen music from audio files (flac 16/24, MP3, AAC) the sound is good with no interference noise
But when I play music from Spotify (librespot) or airplay (shaireport) I can hear a constant white noise.

tThat white noise is not very loud but as I use volume control but the spotify/airplay (not the amplifier) when I put music at a low volume that white noise is very audible.
I could reproduce that on a other system using moode also but with an other DAC and classe D amplifier

Does someone experienced the same issue? and does someone could help me to find the root cause and fix that issue?

Regards

Max

OP
M

mayamathe

Hello,

Thanks for you reply. and indeed the noise stop when playback in paused.
And after checking I could found the issue: the dithering

For librespot I could disable that function in the config file and for shairport-sync I had to set the output format to "S32"

Regards

Maximilien

Top Bottom